Witchmarsh - Development Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Our Eye spotted a Kickstarter update for Witchmarsh, an action RPG set in 1920s Massachusetts:

Hey everyone! Sorry for letting things get a little North Haverbrook there for a while. Things are taking longer than anticipated, but we’re starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. We’re busy working on a few developments which we hope will rekindle the Witchmarsh spirit, and we can’t wait to reveal them!

• Luciana is creating items and item sets.
  • Jamie is working on enemies and ability animations.
  • Emelie and Lou are busying away on the script, as well as numerous readable books, magazines and documents you can find scattered around the town.
  • Joe is creating content, namely the desolate and haunted villages which surround the town (See animation)
  • Matt has released Wanderlust Adventures (check the link, it’s great!) and is moving towards putting more of his time into Witchmarsh.
That’s all we can tell you for now. Sorry for being so mysterious, but there will be more news coming soon!

- Inglenook

More information.

Seems to be shaping up nicely!

I'm usually not a fan of this level of *extreme* retro-graphics (or side-scrollers) but this game appears promising enough for me to ignore that aspect. This line alone : "a side-scrolling spin on classic RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Wizardry, without compromising on depth. The game features online multiplayer, extensive character creation, countless ability and item combinations, and rewarding boss encounters."
…was practically a guarantee that I'll have to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom