Do you like cricket?

Capt. Huggy Face

Troll Aspiring to Responsibility
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Do you like video games? Do you like sport-management video games? If so, Cricket Captain 2016 is a fun one.

I just got a key for this game, but I already own it. I enjoy cricket, but I'm also an American, so I don't know anyone else who likes, or knows anything about, cricket. :p

I know we have Aussies here. There have to be some Brits. Kiwis? I know we have at least a couple of Indians. So, the first person to reply to this thread will get a PM from me with a Steam key for the game. Howzat?

Well, I'm a pohm, but sadly cricket is not my game, so I'll have to take a golden duck on the free key.

I knew there had to be a Brit here. Figures I'd find one who doesn't like cricket. :p

Something more like this, Fluent:
cricket_playing_cricket.gif

Still waiting on someone to at least pretend he likes cricket…

EDIT: Thought you were just screwing around, or do you want to the game, Fluent?

Last edited:
Yes I like cricket!! This summer I have already been to the big bash, international one days, the Boxing Day test (I'm a full Melbourne cricket club member) and have tickets for the international T20 at the MCG next month!!

Yes please to key!

Last edited:
Oh, nah. I never took the time to figure out what cricket actually was. Looks like some form of baseball from what I've seen. :p

Thanks, though. Save the game for someone who at least knows the rules. While I like sports games a lot I just don't know enough about cricket.

Save the game for someone who at least knows the rules.

Like this Hurls guy that just ninja'd me. :p

Nice, Hurls. And now you're a virtual captain. They have domestic Australian cricket in the game, too. It's a good game. Hope you enjoy it.

I really think it should have gone to Pibbur!! :D

Don't!
That strain is carnivore cricket specialized to feast on human flesh! :D

Great call! The prospect of a tall, bearded Norwegian attempting to master being a cricket captain would have been worth it.

A good natured :D at the thought of that too. I have a picture of someone eruditely studying the fielding position names, shaking their head in bemusement.

I still don't know the names of all the positions.

Most of them are pretty arcane, if you didn't grow up with it I imagine it's a little incomprehensible… Third man, square leg, silly mid on, silly mid off, leg slip, deep backward point etc. And that's just a sample =)

All the ones that start with 'silly' are actually sensible. Those positions are all very close to the batsman and the fielder is very, very likely to be hit with the ball very hard. Silly indeed!!

Most of them are pretty arcane, if you didn't grow up with it I imagine it's a little incomprehensible… Third man, square leg, silly mid on, silly mid off, leg slip, deep backward point etc. And that's just a sample =)

What in the hell are you saying? There is no way those are real position names. :lol:

I would suggest to people who have not watched or listened to cricket to read Bill Bryson's description of the game in his travel book "Down Under". It may fill a few gaps! I personally love listening to it on the radio, as test matches go for 5 days, it is a great way to fill in the work day.

Back
Top Bottom