FO: Other Fallout 76 impressions

Any other Fallout game
https://gamerant.com/fallout-76-canvas-bags-given-influencers/
Fallout 76 High-Quality Bags Given Free to Fallout Influencers

fallout-76-influencers-canvas-bag-collectors-edition.jpg.optimal.jpg
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-canvas-bags-and-gave-them-out-to-influencers
However, it's now come to light that Bethesda has made canvas bags after all - just not for the Power Armour collector's edition. YouTuber HeelsvsBabyface (thanks, GameRant) noticed that goody bag "unboxing" videos by content creators and influencers on YouTube include a Fallout 76 canvas duffle bag, swag that was given away at a Fallout 76 event in October.

To be clear, these bags are not the same as the ones in the original Power Armour Edition marketing materials. They are clearly very different bags, presumably created for very different reasons. But if the comments on HeelsvsBabyface's video is anything to go by, fans are, quite understandably, pretty frustrated by this revelation.

What I do to get some daily laughs?
Just write Fallout 76 in google search.

Shits 'n Giggles time again.

maxresdefault.jpg

In my days of mudding this sort of shit never happened but at that time most players were either in grad school with a few seniors and juniors…

Of course by the time i was stopping things were getting worse as the internet became more available to younger generations.... There are still a few diku muds running so perhaps things are worse now-a-days.

Well turns out it was a few high-school seniors.

Really you make an online game you should expect this to happen.

I've seen far worse in past MMO's that even includes WoW.

Just another case of what do they call it nowadays? Toxic male gamer syndrome.:lol:

Welp, I've definatly gotten my moneys worth out of the game now. The exploration is really good, I like it more then in Fallout 3, new vegas and 4. The landscape is varied with lots of different locales which almost all of them contain visual storytelling, computerlogs or recorded logs with lore, hidden items etc. And the world is crazy big! It's actually amazing the amount of content they've managed to include.
The questing and writing is overall subpar to new vegas imo but I've encountered a side-questline in 76 of which the finale had an emotional impact on me (in comparison, none of the sidequests in Fallout 4 did that for me). Pretty cool stuff.
If they made this game purely with singleplayer in mind and had human npcs it could've surpassed Fallout 4 overall imo.

Going to paus my playthrough soon since a new expansion is coming for path of exile this friday, which includes new temporary 3 month leagues. Much wow very fun.

Welp, I've definatly gotten my moneys worth out of the game now. The exploration is really good, I like it more then in Fallout 3, new vegas and 4. The landscape is varied with lots of different locales which almost all of them contain visual storytelling, computerlogs or recorded logs with lore, hidden items etc. And the world is crazy big! It's actually amazing the amount of content they've managed to include.
The questing and writing is overall subpar to new vegas imo but I've encountered a side-questline in 76 of which the finale had an emotional impact on me (in comparison, none of the sidequests in Fallout 4 did that for me). Pretty cool stuff.
If they made this game purely with singleplayer in mind and had human npcs it could've surpassed Fallout 4 overall imo.

Going to paus my playthrough soon since a new expansion is coming for path of exile this friday, which includes new temporary 3 month leagues. Much wow very fun.

Seems to describe my experience with it as well, though I haven't played it as much.

Some of the audio logs are genuinely touching and heartfelt. You can tell a lot of effort went into establishing what happened and conveying that very effectively to the player.

It's not a handholdy sort of story delivery - which I suspect is why a lot of reviews seem to miss how much is actually there, and how good it is - but that's hardly a surprise given the standard of reviews these days.

As I've said before, this is a content-driven MMO-lite co-op game - and that's extremely rare in my experience.

I would have thought a lot more people would appreciate content over repetition, but I guess not.

Seems most people are rushing towards the "end-game" only to find that they've skipped the actual game to get there.

I don't know how much end-game Bethesda has in place for launch, but I know from experience that the vast majority of "MMO-lite" games like this tend to struggle with that part for the first year or two.

The difference here is that we have a world 4 times as big as Fallout 4 with 4 times the content to enjoy on the way to the end-game - instead of 10 hours of content stretched to hundreds of hours of grinding, which is the norm for games like this otherwise.

Human NPCs in a co-op centric game = waiting around for party members to finish talking for no good reason.

Seriously, NPCs in Bethsoft games are quest dispensers. They've just been replaced with dynamic storytelling devices instead.

The rest is nearly identical to Fallout 4 - except it's much bigger and the world is more diverse.

Let's wait for the Bethesda cheerleader team to don uniforms and start their routine.

Looks like they punished the devs of their Engine team and put them in charge of the code of their website.

It's not exactly a surprise that this anti-FO76 campaign was never about the game, but about the company behind it ;)

That said, I must say they're fucking up tremendously on the PR side these days.

But these things happen. Maybe after the vocal NMA crowd have let off their steam for a few months (they're not the forgiving sort, after all) - they will mellow a bit.

It's not exactly a surprise that this anti-FO76 campaign was never about the game, but about the company behind it ;)

I'm not sure what are you on about. What anticampaign? I believe most of us are visiting this thread only to get laughs and it's happening on daily basis. Humor never hurts especially when unintentional.

Sure, "impressions" thread shouldn't be really about cringyness, but... Happens.

I'm not sure what are you on about. What anticampaign? Most of us are here only to get laughs and it's happening on daily basis. Humor never hurts especially when unintentional.

Not to shock you, but not everything revolves around you or the ignorant Watch members quoting stuff ;)

I'm not saying it hurts, though. I find it fascinating.

I might worry about Bethsoft (the developers) - as they're probably the ones taking the shit. I mean, the suits responsible for PR and extremely poor marketing aren't likely to accept the blame if they can point to others.

But I think this will all blow over sooner than you'd think.

People who're actually playing the game seem to be enjoying it for the most part. Which isn't that big a surprise, as it's based on a great formula.

Not to shock you, but not everything revolves around you or the ignorant Watch members quoting stuff ;)
Whatever. How the story goes with mouth, soap and kissing in Hollywood silly movies?
But I think this will all blow over sooner than you'd think.
Blow over? They blew it - already.
Bullshit game + incompetence when it comes to both coding and PR is not bitcoin scam where an irrational hope keeps it not dying yet.
A baloon here exploded already, yet you're still using pink glasses.

When something blows, or farts, many laugh. Is it that hard to understand?

I might worry about Bethsoft (the developers) - as they're probably the ones taking the shit. I mean, the suits responsible for PR and extremely poor marketing aren't likely to accept the blame if they can point to others.

Lol! Poor marketing??? Maybe it's different in Europe, but you can't go 5 minutes without spotting that 'dancing girl' TV commercial in the U.S.. "Poor Marketing" is never something I would attribute to Bethesda. Poor playtesting, poor technology, poor excuse for RPGs. But marketing is definitely covered.

Lol! Poor marketing??? Maybe it's different in Europe, but you can't go 5 minutes without spotting that 'dancing girl' TV commercial in the U.S.. "Poor Marketing" is never something I would attribute to Bethesda. Poor playtesting, poor technology, poor excuse for RPGs. But marketing is definitely covered.

For my part, I found the marketing and pitch to the public of Fallout 76 absolutely awful and inept. Both from Howard and Hines - and indeed the overall campaign. I mean, I knew what it was - and even I got confused by their presentations.

They struggled to explain very simple concepts - because they were afraid to outright call it Fallout 4 with co-op. They tried turning it into something else - and they utterly failed.

They ended up confusing people and giving them the wrong idea of what to expect.

As for your concept of what it takes to pull off games like this, I'm not exactly convinced you have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Also, I doubt you've played it, which is essentially my point here. It's a hyperbolic campaign spread by people with little or no actual experience with that which they're talking about.

But that's not the point about marketing, so…

Dart with much angst.

As for your concept of what it takes to pull off games like this, I'm not exactly convinced you have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

My concept? Or someone else's? I truly have no idea what you're talking about. You're white knighting a game panned near universally and lashing out at people who think it deserves the criticism because you disagree.

Back
Top Bottom