|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » You have million views on you tube?

Default You have million views on you tube?

November 12th, 2018, 19:32
You got nothing on this…. 1,929,471,100 views!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w&t=32s

However the parent in me understand the numbers

lostforever

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

November 12th, 2018, 19:58
I remember when I was a kid there wern't a lot of cartoons to watch on TV, and the ones that were on TV would repeat a lot. I knew all of them by heart but I never got bored of them. Kids can watch one thing a hundred times without getting bored. That's where the majority of those views come from.
Adults, on the other hand, get annoyed by these videos pretty fast. A friend of mine was babysitting his sister's kids for a weekend and after that he came to my house. At the same time, my neighbors were celebrating their grandson's birthday and when my friend heard the songs they played he started cursing loudly.
The big problem here is the tendency of parents to leave their toddlers with a phone or a tablet in order to keep them busy. I think it can have a big impact on children's development.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

November 13th, 2018, 12:04
In the time before the tablets I once saw a show with a nanny in it, saying that whenever she had to do a chore without being able to watch the toddlers she put them in front of a turning washing machine.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

November 13th, 2018, 12:23
Yes, kids love to repeating things. My 3 year old is probably responsible for some of the viewer count above! Also once she learned those songs, she will sing them over and over. Its very cute for the first few times she sings it but then starts to get annoying as she will never stop!

lostforever

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
+1:

November 14th, 2018, 05:54
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
In the time before the tablets I once saw a show with a nanny in it, saying that whenever she had to do a chore without being able to watch the toddlers she put them in front of a turning washing machine.
Now wait a minute, you can learn a lot watching such things! Pick out a colorful sock and watch how it makes its way around in the dryer. You can learn a lot about the concept of the "random walk" which leads to Brownian motion and heat dynamics! And isn't it a lovely irony that the whole thing is extra hot? Clothing emulating the molecules that make it up! Oh, and now look, nanny is ironing the irony!! We've even got humor!

Granted, it is a rather subtle form of entertainment. Some of the more jaded adults won't get it.

P.S. Writing this to avoid going into KC:D's monastery. ;)
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

November 14th, 2018, 10:13
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
P.S. Writing this to avoid going into KC's monastery.
Perhaps you should just spend some Zen moments in front of the washing machine.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » You have million views on you tube?