Risen 2 - Officially Announced!

If game design needs to be dumbed down because the average gamer doesn't want to think then i would say the future is a joke. .
Sure, the future is a joke. Just watch this (Corwin, you there?): We will all go togehter when we go. After that, there's Fallout.
It's happened in Hollywood, it's happened in the Music industry and now it's happening in Gaming.
Except that in Music there are a lot of lesser-known bands making never-on-billboard-records, and there are quite a few gems here.
Perhaps i'll just get a frontal labotomy and join the masses.
Ahh. so you geet down to the nice Yes-doctor-Of-course-doctor-as-you-say-doctor way.

If game design needs to be dumbed down because the average gamer doesn't want to think then i would say the future is a joke.
Judging by the modern games and the majority of the games currently in production, I would say the future is already here. Has been for quite a while, actually.

Isn't there a lock taget function in Risen? It's very hard to fight with friends without accidentally hitting them all the time.

sorry for OT..

It's not something you get better at, it's more a thing of luck since if a person decides to run infront of me i'll hit him instead (if i've already clicked the mousebutton). I really liked the lock on target in the other Gothic's (i dont think its in G1 though) strange of them to remove it.

Last edited:
The lock in G1 and G2 was because archery was all (ingame) skill and keyboard based. In GIII and AFAIK Risen it's mouse based, so locking would make it much too easy.
But it's true it's a big disadvantage compared to magic users who can just blast fireballs at the enemy while you try and aim correctly.

Well most of the time it's not a problem, in big fights though.. i really like luring away monsters (that are to hard too for me) into camps and such for help hehe

Back
Top Bottom