Elite: Dangerous - Review @ COG

So, everything available in the MMO portion is available in the solo play? if that's the case, i may have to re-think this one and give it a shot.

As far as I know that's the case. I've only ever played single player mode, so not really sure.

I have a Rift and been tempted to get this one a few times when it's gone on sale, but I just don't see myself playing it, seems to me you have to dedicate a long time to do anything of significance.

As far as I know that's the case. I've only ever played single player mode, so not really sure.

Yes it is. The only thing you don't get playing 'single player' is randomly ganked for absolutely no reason by a douchebag with too much time on his hands who waits for you outside high-traffic space stations.

Even "community goals" can be done in single player mode. Whats more, is every mission you do in single player mode has an effect on the whole galaxy for everyone. So think of it as 2 universes using the same set of circumstances and events that run parallel, cept one has real players, the other has NPCs (and you). Everything people do in "open" play affects your single player universe and vice versa, which is a bit controversial. Some think playing entirely in single player is too safe/easy and should't be allowed to affect the open play world. But that's a discussion for another day…

Back
Top Bottom