• I'm still going strong with mine

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new poll is long overdue, so here is one to check about your New Year resolutions.

Every year, I tell myself I'm going to knuckle down and get my driving license, and then subsequently don't book any lessons. I'm aiming for this year to be different however (so that's one thing that's not changed yet! :roll:)

I honestly have no clue. Life has me feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, so I'm kind of baffled. >.>;;

That I was no longer going to bother with the P&R forum. I've already failed.

Every year, I tell myself I'm going to knuckle down and get my driving license, and then subsequently don't book any lessons. I'm aiming for this year to be different however (so that's one thing that's not changed yet! :roll:)

If you wait a couple of more years you won't have to get one.... ;) ( self-driving cars )

My resolution this year is to play more JRPGs instead of just WRPGs. I bought a few of them on the Steam sales and I plan on playing that in-between my Kickstarter releases, Deus Ex MD and ME: Andromeda.

I started and ended 2015 very well, running >3000 miles, staying healthy and uninsured, maintaining weight, strong family relationship, good job, etc. So I want to more or less 'maintain'.

But at the same time there is always more:
- Trail ultramarathon. These never seem to work with my schedule, and this coming year seems no different. But who knows?
- Focus more on non-running exercise ... I do some 'body weight' exercises, want to incorporate more.

And our younger son will be heading off to college in the fall, so we'll be 'empty nesters' at that point.

This is now year five for my "No seriously, start biking to work this year" resolution.

That is just sad to even think about for someone like myself that has since college put 1.5 million KM on the road.

Yes, it is kind of scary.... but I guess driving manually will be done on special designated tracks 10-15 years from now.

I've been very inactive for the past couple of years, and added an ounce or two every month as a result, so this year I'm determined to reverse the trend, My new year resolution is just to move around more in one way or the other. So far so good!

I usually don't do new years resolutions but I have some goals for this year.

1. Work: survive the coming 6 months with increasing workload and pressure to have enough experience to GTFO next winter for greener pastures...

2. Family: be as good a father as possible to my daughters and do more things togheter with wifey

3. Renovatio. Damn I'm in lousy shape! 10 kg + in the last 4 years and stiff as a stick. almost rigor mortis on that one! so one last try to get back into budo training, otherwise running. (with less wine I´m afraid :-( )

And of course work on my backlog of games :)
Currently obsessing with DA:I (wich is pure hell if you are a obsessive completionist like me...)

C

Nice ones Crilloan and quite similar to mine. I've posted mine in different thread but here it is (and added a few more):

1. Be more fit and eat healthy
2. Spend more time with loved ones and show them appreciation, whether it be my husband, family or friends. Sometimes good byes come suddenly and you will have regrets forever.
3. Avoid those who make me an option
4. Speak out for myself
5. Time to move on to greener pastures... hopefully it will soon

Last 3 came up within last 5 days at work.... joy lol.

I didn't make any NY resolutions but as I can't bike like I used to Iv'e started jogging. Up to 5 miles now but I can't do it 2 days in a row yet. My body is still adjusting to the impact of jogging. I've already gone thru blisters, sore knees, a sore spot in my back and now its just the bottom of feet get a little sore and my left hip. I'm sure they will work themselves out as I keep jogging. Bike riding is nonimpact so years of that didn't prepare me at all for the jogging. The lungs and legs are fine tho.

Back
Top Bottom