Dying Light 2 - March Update Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming repots on a new video for Dying Light 2 showing in-engine footage.

At the end of this update video, the team shared some new in-engine footage. This is a teaser of a future gameplay video/trailer that will most likely come out in a few months.

Seriously, this dev update was a bit meaningless. The team did not address the game's development hell rumors. Or the fact that during the game's development, its writer, Pawel Selinger, left Techland. We've seen such dev updates from numerous studios without hyping them so yeah, get ready to be disappointed.

[...]

More information.

That's a shame - I didn't know there were problems with this one. I thought it looked ambitious, but potentially something really good.

DSOGaming repots on a new video for Dying Light 2 showing in-engine footage.

More information.

These announcements videos, trailers and all.. they're getting worse with each passing day. "In-engine footage". Ha! 2min47sec video and we get roughly 20 seconds in-game footage. Gimme a break!!!

PS: That's not aimed at you, Silver, but to the dev team who made such a IMHO rather pointless video.

Well, at least this videos confirms this game will come out this year.
And that they learned with Cyberpunk 2077 not to hype the game and not to be hasty to finish it. Let's see if they keep this way all the way through.

These announcements videos, trailers and all.. they're getting worse with each passing day. "In-engine footage". Ha! 2min47sec video and we get roughly 20 seconds in-game footage. Gimme a break!!!

Well, he does say "a small snip" in the video. :)

It looks exactly like Dying Light 1. To the point where I'd believe someone if they told me it was an expansion. Not that that's a bad thing.

Man I had such high hopes when they released the demo videos two years back. Then came the firing of Avellone, other big shots left, and stalled development articles.

Oh boy if I remember this should have been released in late 2019 or 2020.:(

PS: That's not aimed at you, Silver, but to the dev team who made such a IMHO rather pointless video.

Not to worry, I know what you mean. PR departments are getting rather stretched these days are they not.

I had some fun with the 1st one, it was a good mix of parkour and terrifying gameplay at night :D
But that was it, I'm not hooked enough for a 2nd similar instalment, even though I can understand others would want more.

what a bullshit video, after what they showed in the past, now they come with this shit

Yeah, this was the original video I saw about the game, with an emphasis on choice and consequence among factions. At the time I thought it looked pretty interesting.

Well, he does say "a small snip" in the video. :)

My bad, I didn't notice that since I skipped all the blah-blah-blah the dev team was saying in order to reach those glorious 20 seconds of in-game footage :p

Back
Top Bottom