Disgaea - Coming to PC

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Disgaea is coming to PC, in February next year, according to the date on Steam.

Two years after the death of his father, Overlord Krichevskoy, the demon prince Laharl awakens to discover that the Netherworld is in turmoil. With unlikely allies, his devious vassal Etna and the angel trainee Flonne, he must battle his way to supremacy to retake the throne and become the next Overlord. Experience the SRPG classic, now on PC!

Key Features:

• An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
  • Choose from over 40 unique character types
  • Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
  • Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
  • With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
  • Over-the-top battle animations
  • Geo Panels - A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
  • Lift & Throw - Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
  • A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed

New to Disgaea PC (It's not just a port!):
    • Updated UI and textures
    • Keyboard/Mouse and controller support
    • Includes all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
    • New Steam features, such as Achievements, Cloud Saves, Badges, and trading cards
More information.

Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
Well that sounds pretty horrible.

This game is awesome.....better then final fantasy tactics.

My favourite strategy RPG! Countless hours spent tweaking numbers to be sure, but best of all, there's a really great, funny, entertaining story to be had.

Hope Disgaia D2 isn't too far off either then.

I'm going to give the PSP game, Afternoon of Darkness, a spin. If it's the type of game I'm expecting...wow. Endless strategy RPG fun. :)

Even though I love JRPGs, and I love tactical games, Disgaea is one game (subtype) that I don't care about. I think I played Disagea 1 and 2. Basically it seems to me the Japanese company that makes these games thinks 'strategy' means grinding.

Basically it seems to me the Japanese company that makes these games thinks 'strategy' means grinding.

Not every game has to be grind-free. I can definitely appreciate a rare game that lets you grind to level 9999 if you so choose.

For me, sometimes it's fun to grind and explore the various character development options. Seeing characters get strong, testing new characters, developing unique characters, exploring skills; all stuff I really enjoy doing. It's even better when a game gives you a huge or infinite playground to do these things in.

So I say, "Bring on the grind!". :)

Well that sounds pretty horrible.

Don't worry. Disgaea is a whimsical satire of practically any jRPG, so the billions of HPs and millions of damages are part of the fun.
You want grind? You got grind! ;)

It is full of some refreshingly crazy Japanese humor too.
You want lowbrow? You got lowbrow! ;)

Mind though, the game is super-hard, so it is far from just a simple parody.
This is a very decent strategy RPG, perhaps one of the best of its kind.

Best damn gaming news i've heard in a long time!
Story parts in Disgaea games can be childish at times and they require quite a bit of grinding to reach some extra optional stuff but the series isTactical Rpg heaven in general.
Really hoping they release more of them.

Good news to me. While I've finished the stories in many of the Disgaea games, I've never "finished" one in the sense that I've perfected a character and his items and beaten all the post-game content. There is a *lot* of grind in these, and the entire post-game revolves around making it more efficient to repeat it. But this is one of the few console games I consistently enjoy for the game play, the stories are typical Japanese craziness that I've mostly ignored. Double Jump used to make some fantastic guides for the early games, now I have a reason to dig them back out.

Disgaea is a great game even without any grinding.

Update: Yes it has a lot of story.. but it is just story, talking, shopping fighting more or less...

Does this game have a decent story/campaign or is it all about combat/grind ?

The campaigns can usually be completed with a minimum of grinding. If you run into a level that seems a bit hard revisiting previous levels or things you haven't yet done (levels in the item world for example) can help. I won't comment on decent. If you don't mind jRPG type stories, then I don't think you'll have any issues with Disgaea. Later games continued some small elements of the story in the post-game, but I don't think the first one did that... it's been a while. If turn based tactics RPGs aren't your thing, the story here isn't enough to save it I don't think. Like any jRPG franchise, the game has differences with each release, but the core game play has been remarkably consistent throughout.

Bear in mind, when viewed as a whole, the campaign is a fraction of what can be done with the game. You might finish a campaign with levels in the 100s, maybe early 1000s at best unless you go out of your way to grind. You can ultimately get to level 9999, max stats, max weapons and armor, "reroll" into better ranks of each class, and crank up the rating on each level to make them progressively harder from their default. If you buy the game just to play and complete the main campaign, you may question the length and/or value when you finish. I hope this re-release is priced reasonably to give those unfamiliar with the series a taste of what the series is about.

Is the 1st Disgaea game (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.) that is coming to PC or a whole new game ?

Is the 1st Disgaea game (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.) that is coming to PC or a whole new game ?

Hour of Darkness.

EDIT: To be slightly more specific, this is a PC version of Afternoon of Darkness which was itself a remake of Hour of Darkness for PSP.

Last edited:
Omg this makes my day. Loved this game on ps2. I hope the sequels come too - never played the others

Back
Top Bottom