Tactica Any Updates On The Game?

Tactica: Maiden of Faith
Well, yes and no :)

From a development perspective, it is on hold, I am thinking that maybe I should just stick with 2d sprite based graphics, it's just too costly to realize this in 3d. Either way the old 3d prototype I had in the OGRE engine is just not good enough anymore, so I need to code a new one, need to decide finally on 2d or 3d before I start with that though!

But from a planning perspective more and more is coming together. It'll surely be very different from any other game, if I am ever able to realize it. The concept of time and choice and consequence as well as story would be very innovative, if I decide to try to kickstart this I will have to share the details but for now not much more to say :)

I can totally understand the money/time issue on which way to go.

Thanks for the update.

Ooops, well, that's why you should use a code name for your game before releasing it, otherwise someone who likes the name will take inspiration from it I guess.

Ok, I'll bump a little update here, I decided to go 2d instead, and progress is much faster and smother since this decision so I guess it is the right one!

Hopefully I can show something, sometime soon.

Ok, I'll bump a little update here, I decided to go 2d instead, and progress is much faster and smother since this decision so I guess it is the right one!

Hopefully I can show something, sometime soon.

Cool, I'm curious to see your work.

How does it compare to Skyrim in terms of visuals? :p

Cool, I'm curious to see your work.

How does it compare to Skyrim in terms of visuals? :p

Well, it is hard to compare 2d to 3d, but since my game has hand-drawn art instead of computer generated generic art, I can assure you that it'll have a more artistic quality compared to Skyrim ;)

it'll have a more artistic quality compared to Skyrim ;)

So it will be better than this:

images

Back
Top Bottom