Gloomhaven - Meet the First Four Characters

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@IndianNoob Flaming Fowl Studios have introduced their first four characters for Gloomhaven.

The first characters in Gloomhaven include:

-The versatile Savvas Cragheart

-The powerful but fragile Orchid Spellweaver

-The tank-like Inox Brute

-The stealthy Human Scoundrel

Seasoned adventurers will have to wisely weigh all their decisions, as every choice in Gloomhaven has consequences. The turn-based, tactical, dark fantasy game rewards strategic planning and thinking, not luck. Players will master 17 playable characters, featuring more than 1,000 unique abilities. Different sets of abilities allow unique build paths for each character leading to multiple team synergies in order to face more than 50 different enemies. From gloom, only greed and death emerge!

[...]
More information.

We've just this week triggered the battle with The Gloom himself in our tabletop campaign. And still more thrillingly we've unlocked the character class that comes with two separate figurines -- what can they be?

This could be really cool in videogame form -- if they don't dumb it down. I just hope they've kept the tactical resource-management aspect of the card game. I've never had a board game that captured the sense of being stuck underground with dwindling time and resources as Gloomhaven does.

Gloomhaven is great. I have completed the campaign 3 times (twice solo and once with a group) for a total of over 300 hours.

I look forward to being able to play it in a digital format, as long as it is fully true to the board game. In early access from what it indicates the campaign will not be implemented so I will hold off until release.

Looking forward to playing the attack helicopter character they introduced at 1:00.

Did you notice the absolutely same animations you saw in the previous 19 years? They teach this in game-maker schools now and they look definitely redundant and boring to annoyance.

I'm intrigued and might try this, though I just sold my copy of Gloomhaven yesterday after only playing about 1/4 of the way through. It just didn't grab me. I can totally appreciate why others love it but I prefer going back games like Mage Knight.

Speaking of which, there is a digital port of that in development...

By the way that video doesn't show the four characters except for a glimpse of the Cragheart at the end, so here's a pic:

f99tnlxw4na21.jpg

Back
Top Bottom