Sword Coast Legends - Gameplay @ Gamespot

Watching this makes me wish I had my PC together so I could have done the head start they emailed me this weekend.

I've read a lot of negative stuff here and while it's not as deep as I might like it looks like it could be some good D&D fun.

I'll definitely be playing with my sons on release.

I didn't see any zooming or camera rotation which is a bummer also destructible environments would have been great but maybe they'll add it eventually.

Watching this makes me wish I had my PC together so I could have done the head start they emailed me this weekend.

I've read a lot of negative stuff here and while it's not as deep as I might like it looks like it could be some good D&D fun.

I'll definitely be playing with my sons on release.

I didn't see any zooming or camera rotation which is a bummer also destructible environments would have been great but maybe they'll add it eventually.

I think it may lend itself well to co-op play with family members. I think most of the negativity has been focused on the single player game, as many here (me included) were hoping for something more along the lines of Baldur's Gate, or at the very least Neverwinter Nights (1 or 2)

You can rotate the screen with mouse as well as zoom. You can also use the WASD keys to to look around the map as well. It needs some more functionality in the module making but it is great fun playing so far. NO crashes for me yet as well. If you buy now you get the full game next week a week ahead of schedule.

You can rotate the screen with mouse as well as zoom. You can also use the WASD keys to to look around the map as well. It needs some more functionality in the module making but it is great fun playing so far. NO crashes for me yet as well. If you buy now you get the full game next week a week ahead of schedule.

Thanks, good to know.

Look awfully close to Nwn

It doesn't look bad besides being a bit more actiony than I think D&D should be. I'm definitely not a fan of the cooldown mechanic for spells, etc., though.

I also don't like there's no penalty for dying other than simply being knocked out for the rest of that battle. Or am I mistaken about that?

Looks like a mediocre action RPG fest to me, which isn't terrible - I guess.

good news there isnt time for this now, by the time ill try it will be patched nicely; anyway they said how long the campaign is?

After the art direction we had seen previously it looks and plays far better than I expected.

... but still, I don't get the need to be overly actiony like this and introduce things like cooldowns on skills....

The being revived feels exactly like Dragon Age.

Back
Top Bottom