Unknown Realm - Funded!

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Unknown Realm has funded with 19 days still to go.

Stirring Dragon Games Creator about 11 hours ago

Thank you all for making this happen! 100% funded in 15 days! What a great way to start the new year. We are so grateful for your encouragement, enthusiasm, and the memories you have been sharing with us. You guys are really the cool kids, and don't let anyone tell you different! An update about our next steps is coming soon. ;-)
More information.

Wow, really nice Kickstarter project there. Glad they were funded and I will definitely check this one out down the line. :)

I had a question on this...they say they are developing on an 8 bit system...does this include the old 8 bit memory issues? One of the reasons people pushed t o 16 bit was the lack of memory they could allocate to the game, Star flight was one of the originals to do this....

I'm wondering if they skipped this negative of the systems?

I had a question on this…they say they are developing on an 8 bit system…does this include the old 8 bit memory issues? One of the reasons people pushed t o 16 bit was the lack of memory they could allocate to the game, Star flight was one of the originals to do this….

I'm wondering if they skipped this negative of the systems?

They are developing for C64, as in there will be a bonafide native C64 version, so it will have the same RAM constraints as that for the core game, i.e. 64KB.

It will also run on "modern PCs" via some "special PC platform", where you can customize presentation aspects.
This will be the same as the 8 bit game in all non-presentation aspects, but I can't imagine the whole being limited by 64 KB in this case (else the core non-presentation stuff will be affected - squished out by increased RAM requirements of the fancier presentation).

Yeah, in this case the developers are taking the "limitations breed creativity" approach. Pretty cool stuff.

They are developing for C64, as in there will be a bonafide native C64 version, so it will have the same RAM constraints as that for the core game, i.e. 64KB.

It will also run on "modern PCs" via some "special PC platform", where you can customize presentation aspects.
This will be the same as the 8 bit game in all non-presentation aspects, but I can't imagine the whole being limited by 64 KB in this case (else the core non-presentation stuff will be affected - squished out by increased RAM requirements of the fancier presentation).

Well, wouldn't you have limited space for items/events with the limited RAM allocations? It was an issue with starflight that they were limited severely with the original idea of going 8 bit so that's why it released on the ibm which had 16bit at the time. I read I huge article on this.

Back
Top Bottom