Red Dead Redemption 2 - Gameplay Trailer

The game will be poorly received by players who drain content. Draining content is going to be a very dull approach for this game.

Your opinion I'll never agree with won't change these facts:
- I'm a gamer
Sure. There are black people in TW3. They just happen to be white.

By your logic everyone attending a concert is a musician.
By the way a gamer is a person playing games, these people are concert attendants.
Feel free to think that as long as you want, the world would be a boring place if everyone would agree on everything.
The world is such a place people do not have to agree for things to be.
No matter how hard people agree that a gamer is not a player who play games, the hard agreement to deny changes nothing.
No no, son. Let's be clear, I'm not praying for the game to come to computers,
If that was limited to one person, it will have no weight.
I've plenty to do without it.
The luxury of having no backlog, availability to play games.
So if it's a cutscene or trailer, it has nothing to do with a game. But if it's gameplay, it is a game?

What about if you watch games on Twitch? Does that, by extension of your definition, mean that anyone who watches someone playing games isn't a gamer, but is instead a watcher? Because you're not watching a game, you're watching a video that is broadcasting a game. So by that logic, anyone watching Twitch isn't gamer.
Waoo. Impressive. It was never hinted otherwise. Shows the depth of double standard. For one standard people, it makes no doubt that people when they are watching streamers are not gaming.
But the person playing the game is as a gamer as long as he's not watching a cutscene. At that moment, he ceases to be a gamer until gameplay resumes.

Never change, Chien.

There is no need to change. The remark is baseless. As such, a game could not include drawings, texts... Makes no sense. This kind of assertion can not be supported by any quote.

RDR2 is a game, it is cinematic, it has cut scenes. The line of thought that RDR2 could be a game despite saying that games could not include cut scenes, trailers etc is left to double standard people.

Gameplay is the finality of a game. A finality that can be enhanced by voice overs, cut scenes, texts anything

When a product turns the enhancers into the finality to the point gameplay fades away, it is no longer a game.

Learn to read please. I have not played this game and my comment about interactive movie was not directed towards this game in particular but games in general.
Well, I'm not sure in what world you're living exactly. A movie is linear experience - the trend in games is to step away from movie linearity. The next step is to make side content matter not only for items/skills but also in the main parts of the "movie". Recent news:
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-side-quests/
Cyberpunk 2077 Side-Quests May Influence Main Story, Level Designer Says
That's bad? I can't see how. Matter of tastes maybe?

-

Sure. There are black people in TW3. They just happen to be white.
There are no people in TW3. There are only digital dolls. You can always buy another Barbie or Ken if you don't like dolls in games. White or black, who cares. It's dolls.
Before you lose all the steam over nonexisting creatures' color and not character, quick, go troll the movies industry for color of plastic in Chucky and Anabelle movies.

The line of thought that RDR2 could be a game despite saying that games could not include cut scenes, trailers etc is left to double standard people

That's an…interesting conclusion you've come to. I've noticed the term "double standard" is often a favorite of yours when describing users of the Watch.

Anyway, would you care to elaborate as to what defines gameplay for you? I was inquiring, after all, and you failed to clarify. I didn't ask for you to state the obvious or make indirect claims - everyone knows what a game consists of.

Sounds about right.

On topic, I'm actually surprised RDR2 is getting hammered a bit. Maybe not much, but I mostly expected very positive reviews from the gamers. Although I did not adore Red Dead Redemption, I thought it was a fantastic game and ahead of its time in 2010. Lots of memorable moments, too. As such, I'm surprised RDR2 doesn't seem to be meeting the standard RDR set.

Last edited:
I'm playing the game, It's awesome! Not as impressive as the first one, the novelty factor isn't there, but still grand (well, the first hours are anyway).

Horse riding is better than ever, slighty better than in RDR1 and even more fluid than in MGSV: Phantom Pain. Gunfights are good, and melee has been reworked and is fun now.

Ambiances, musics, stories, landscapes… It's all good! A real immersion in the American west, with the classic theme of civilisation VS freedom that work so well in that kind of story (Once Upon the Time in the West or the first Red Dead have the exact same main theme).

Really good consoles exclusive game, like Red Dead 1 or The Last of Us were ;)

Horse riding is better than ever, slighty better than in RDR1 and even more fluid than in MGSV: Phantom Pain.
No horse can be better than MGS5's D-horse.

Now more fluid… On 30FPS is a thing pretty hard to imagine.
Is it more fluid than AC Origins/Odyssey horse when playing those two games on consoles?

Last edited:
Really loving the game, far more impressive than what even RDR was imo. It's more groundbreaking and with so many subtle details that i've never seen before in games, the expressive eyes for example, something which is exceptionally hard to do, but they've nailed that.

Story and characters draws you in (very rare for me to feel like that). The first 2h though plays more like linear a movie with some player input "go to X, go to Y" here and there. That's my only gripe so far but of course i know it's just the intro.. The game has just about opened up for me.

No horse can be better than MGS5's D-horse.
Poopy-traps! Man, I loved those!

Very efficient non-lethal tactic, I think the mossad developed it.
I had to restrain myself to use it on every jeep I saw, because the game gets boring if you get rid of the entire red army using just poo all the time (It must be a kind of achievement, though).

https://gameranx.com/features/id/16...ith-the-controls-try-changing-these-settings/
Controller & Settings Tips Guide

If you’re looking for snappier aiming, easier movement, and more accurate movements on your thumbsticks, change the following standard settings.

Recommended Control Settings:
Max Aim / Look Acceleration Speed
Set the Dead Zone to Zero
Increase Button Hold Speed
Switch Sprint Button [Cross /A] to Toggle instead of Tap.

Additional Tip: Tap [View / Touch] to change view to First Person when looted.

If you’re looking to improve gunplay even more, and want to mess around with the settings to change your experience, here are a few more recommendations.

Additional / Optional Control Settings:
Lock-Mode: Normal (Disable for Free Aim)
Aim Assist Strength: 1/4 (Removes magnetization on target. You’ll point your weapon at an enemy, but it won’t be magnetically stuck on them. Just points you in the right direction.)
Look Sensitivity: 10/14 (Not too sensitive, but lets you move the camera slightly more intuitively while exploring.)
First Person Field of View: Max (If you’re using First Person for exploring indoors, this is the easiest way to see the most stuff.)
Kill Effects: Disable

You can also disable the Special Edition Bonus Stats / Cash in the Settings if you want to play without those additions.
While I can't believe an article like this even exists, some might check why no 10/10 reviewer mentioned mushrooms being pisspoor.

-

EDIT:
$3000 only. Handmade. A musthave for all mushroom addicts who still believe they aren't.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/220158543/handmade-game-controller-table

4ace65b443f9725e86d786e0475ce94b.jpg

There is only 1 so… What are you waiting for? It'll escape!

Last edited:
"Aim Assist Strength: 1/4 (Removes magnetization on target. You’ll point your weapon at an enemy, but it won’t be magnetically stuck on them. Just points you in the right direction.)"

Hey, I know it wasn't your intention, but this actually help me a little. I've been pesting about that "magnetiztion on target" for two days now…
So thanks Joxer! You helped a mushroom addict.

My intention was to help, maybe it's not obvious because I've kept it short. If I understand console audience correctly it's all about: turn on, plug CD/DVD, play - without setting anything. That's why I was surprised seeing an article that writes something similar to "fixing" a game on PC by changing settings.
Nothing will change my attitude towards mushrooms of course, but my "allergy" doesn't mean I'll pretend I haven't read something that might be a helpful info to someone.
Occassionally, I'm not 100% evil. ;)

This is what I am seeing all around the web.

It seems they have sacrificed game play for immersion. Some games sacrifice game play for "cinematic" experience and suffers for it. Devs seems to forget that game play is core of the game! This is what separate a game from other mediums. It has to come first then add immersion, cinematic, story etc after getting the game play right.

Increasing I see "game designers" who are not interested in game play. They really want an interactive movies. Combat is dirty word in these circles although game play doesn't have to manifest it self as combat only but its a good ballpark.

Wouldn't go as far as call it interactive movie....you still have a loooooads of game outside it ( though like GTA, 80% is enjoying the scenery/traversal).
Plus by going for more linear/restrictive design ( in main story/quests) they put a lot more polish to cinematics/dialogue/scenes/etc. Probably not popular in places like here, but "mainstream" doesn't really care that much about choices/consequences, etc.
What I do not like ( with Rockstar) is general design of gameplay in their games. You have very simple, basic ( and flawed) TPS+ton of simple, meaningless, try it once and get bored with it, activities ( probably the worst is that Yoga nonsense in GTA V).
Their games would hugely benefit if there was some kind of interconnected systems framework a la Mount and Blade built into it, or factions like in Stalker.
So in this case, you would have a dynamic hunting/outlaw/etc guilds with player reputation system. And they would exist/be active in the world even without your interference.
Something like that would be hugely popular with their audience.

If I understand console audience correctly it's all about: turn on, plug CD/DVD, play - without setting anything.
No, no, the more settings the better.
It's just that between the auto-lock, the aim assist, the aim dead zone, the aim sensitivity and aim acceleration, I didn't what to modifiy exactly to get rid of that terrible magnet effect…
Anyway, thanks.

I don't think you're evil, I'd say chaotic neutral which is fine.

There are no people in TW3. There are only digital dolls. You can always buy another Barbie or Ken if you don't like dolls in games. White or black, who cares. It's dolls.
Before you lose all the steam over nonexisting creatures' color and not character, quick, go troll the movies industry for color of plastic in Chucky and Anabelle movies.

For gamers, avatars'looks do not matter. They are mere enhancers.

For storytolders, the story matters the most. And stories are about representation. Characters must come to people status and the way they look weigh a lot.

TW3 is too light on gameplay and way too bent toward story to escape the constraint of representation. It did not escape and painting the situation as if the skin colour of the characters pictured in it is irrelevant does not match the events.

That's an…interesting conclusion you've come to. I've noticed the term "double standard" is often a favorite of yours when describing users of the Watch.
Nothing like a conclusion. It is the priviledge of double standard people to be able to put two conflicting ideas on the same. For other people, one must yield.
Anyway, would you care to elaborate as to what defines gameplay for you?
Weird question as there was no hint given that gameplay is meant to mean something different from its conventional meaning.

This tells the answer is not desired to be the conventional meaning and the pleasing anwer must not be the conventional meaning.

No time to second guess so the most pleasing answer:

gameplay is everything but its conventional meaning (since it must be something else than its conventional meaning)
I was inquiring, after all, and you failed to clarify. I didn't ask for you to state the obvious or make indirect claims - everyone knows what a game consists of.
Everyone but people who qualify as games products bereft of gameplay.

For gamers, avatars'looks do not matter. They are mere enhancers.
TW3 ... painting... skin colour...
Seriously?
See… It's obvious I can't understand your fixation on something that to me seems completely irrelevant. I do remember asking someone, maybe it was you, how come you never criticized lack of asians - not that it'd matter to me much as I don't care about dolls' nonexisting "nationality" or "ethnicity", dolls don't eat, breathe, sleep, etc and definetly don't pay taxes to any country to my knowledge.

But dolls' looks do matter. It's the paint palette that doesn't matter. "For gamers".
I've opened this thread just for you although I expected you'll ignore it:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41168
My conscience would be burning if I didn't try.

Anyway, please don't play Assassins Creed Origins nor Odyssey. Those games are full of spectacular statues, gamers saw top notch art in those, you and only you will whine it's not art it's racism. Due to, not dolls in this case but color of digitalized historical statues. Well sorry, but the problem is not in gamers.

Last edited:
ChienAboyeur said:
Nothing like a conclusion.

It is. That's what you've concluded. You completely misinterpreted my intended message. I'll let it slide, though.

I was not under any assumption, mind you. Rather, I was inquiring and seeking clarification. You concluded that, according to your interpretation of what I said, "RDR2 could be a game despite saying that games could not include cut scenes, trailers etc is left to double standard people.".

Whether or not it's a doubled standard is indeterminable - I haven't told you what I classify as gameplay.

Of course games can include cutscenes. But when you make statements like these, you're bound to have people scratching their heads.

ChienAboyeur said:
It comes with gameplay so nothing like TW3

You need to be able to clarify and elaborate properly instead of making broad statements.

ChienAboyeur said:
Gamers are gamers, no matter the platform they play their games on.

Correct.

ChienAboyeur said:
Gamers are players interested in the substance named gameplay. That keeps them away from stylish products like TW3.

Again, what are you saying here? That TW3 is absent of gameplay? Furthermore, whether it had "gameplay" or not did not drive people away from TW3 - it sold incredibly well.

Last edited:
If you're looking for clarification from Chien, well, I hope you are not in a hurry to receive it. You'll have a wait!

I'm well aware - I just enjoy watching Chien make debates in an authoritative manner by being as indirect as possible. :p

I think "Gaming is about games that are about gameplay." and "it is a game for gamers" are my favorite.

Our dear Chien is a contrarian who enjoys always going against what everyone claims. Unfortunately he never actually played anything he's talking about, so most of the time things he's rambling complete nonsense.
"Trump - a fine example of servant of the people."
"Tyranny has many, many enemy types"
" By copying traditional Arkane design, Prey II got uniqueness of it's own"
etc, etc…the list is endless, he does it in virtually in every thread.

In this case, even by Rockstar's own admission their design is for games to provide cinematic/movie like experience (which is fine for people for who enjoy that sort of thing). Hell the game even switches to full on cinematic mode during scripted scenes.
Simply chuckle it off and stop trying to rationally discus things with him: what he does is mental acrobatics and blatantly lying/inventing things in his head that never really happened as "arguments".

Back
Top Bottom