Warren Spector - Interviews

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
VG24/7 talked to Warren Spector who shares his thoughts on the modern Deus Ex and the almost appoved Command & Conquer RPG.

At one point, Deus Ex creator Warren Spector was going to make an RPG set in the Command and Conquer universe.

The game, which was cancelled by EA, would share the DNA of Spector’s other games.

“It was going to look a lot like Deus Ex,” Spector tells me. “I knew what kind of game I wanted to make. I had a lot of the gameplay and the vision was there. It was going to be set in a very different world.

[...]
Some of you may be more familiar with the modern Deus Ex series – Human Revolution and Mankind Divided – which had nothing to do with Spector, however. I recently got a chance to talk to the legendary game designer and asked him how he feels about the direction the series took in his absence.

“If you ask my wife, she’d tell you that I screamed in frustration throughout much of Human Revolution,” Spector says. “There were three or four things that I would have done differently and those three or four things kind of bug me.”

So, what are those things?

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Pretty threadbare "interviews", basically just a few thoughts on a few things.
A missed opportunity to get some meaningful insight from one of the true gaming pioneers.

Back
Top Bottom