Biomutant - 15 Things you need to know

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GamingBolt collected some information about Biomutant:

Biomutant - 15 Things You Need To Know Before You Buy

After a long period of development THQ Nordic's Biomutant is slated to release on May 25th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Developed by Experiment 101, the action RPG epic is chock-full of gameplay mechanics and systems. Here are 15 things you need to know before venturing through the New World.
More information.

Good video. I'm surprised more people aren't showing an interest in this game. It would be a Day 1 purchase for me if there weren't already so many games releasing next month. I'll definitely be trying it out at some point though.

Video is making it look much more complex then I was expecting from it. But have to admit I didnt really follow development of this game. Will wait for reviews and if its good, will give it a try sooner or later.

Problem is this game has been announcing itself for years, and at some point the hype dropped. I'll also check it out at some point, but no rush, and no expectations. Might be a sleeper hit at this point.

Looks interesting and well done. I very rarely like (what appear to be) console first designed games so I tend to not follow them much and haven't followed this much. My stance on these is more like if they release and don't suck on PC, THEN I'll check it out, since that "oh we love PC and the game supports PC 100%" joke got old ages ago.

I'm guessing this game is not going to be "my thing" because "martial arts style combat" suggests remembering and using a bunch of combos ala fighting game or more souls-like combat. I'm more of turn-based speed - action stuff for me needs to be less of twitchy variety and more like MMO/RPG style hotkeys/controls.

I'm also generally less interested in $60 AAA games unless it's something I know for sure I'll get 100+ hours out of, or ideally a bunch of replay. Kinda sucks that this is EA but won't be on game pass, at least not initially - and unless this is utterly amazing on PC I'll be waiting.

Hopefully this isn't another AAA game that should've been in early access or further development for another 6-12 months - hard to tell with AAA games since they reveal little before it's BOOM buy this for $60, roll the dice, and good luck!

We'll see!

This is the very first time I see the term "world eater".

Looks interesting and well done. I very rarely like (what appear to be) console first designed games so I tend to not follow them much and haven't followed this much. My stance on these is more like if they release and don't suck on PC, THEN I'll check it out, since that "oh we love PC and the game supports PC 100%" joke got old ages ago.

I'm not getting that impression. I don't see anything that would indicate the development was slanted more towards any particular platform.

Good video. I'm surprised more people aren't showing an interest in this game. It would be a Day 1 purchase for me if there weren't already so many games releasing next month. I'll definitely be trying it out at some point though.
For me personally it's just that I don't feel like playing as an animal thingy.

For me personally it's just that I don't feel like playing as an animal thingy.

Yeah, I think the character design will definitely turn a few people off. I'm not a fan, but I can look past it if the exploration and gameplay are good enough.

Last edited:
which are?

Solasta
Days Gone
Resident Evil 8
Mass Effect: Legendary edition
Deathloop

There are more of course, but those are the ones I have varying levels of interest in. I'm leaning towards pre-ordering Days Gone, and I'll probaby get the others not long after they're released.

I'm curious to find out what you think about Days Gone. It's perhaps a bit underrated, but it's not that good. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

I'm not getting that impression. I don't see anything that would indicate the development was slanted more towards any particular platform.
The two times I saw it being presented at Gamescom, they used a controller. in 2017 I asked about that and they actually said the game plays best with a controller. I didn't ask the second time I saw them play game. Obviously at that time it was 2019 and it is 2021 now. Loads of things could have happened in this span of time to improve the keyboard and mouse support.... or not.

I'm curious to find out what you think about Days Gone. It's perhaps a bit underrated, but it's not that good. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Well, it's a crowded genre where only a few games are above average imo. Of all the zombie apocalypse games out there, Dying Light and TLoU are the only ones I really enjoyed. I've been in the mood for something like this lately though, and I've seen enough footage to think I'm going to like it.

The two times I saw it being presented at Gamescom, they used a controller. in 2017 I asked about that and they actually said the game plays best with a controller. I didn't ask the second time I saw them play game. Obviously at that time it was 2019 and it is 2021 now. Loads of things could have happened in this span of time to improve the keyboard and mouse support…. or not.

When I think of console-first design, I think of smaller levels and less detail in the game world due to hardware limtations. However, I don't think it really matters much anymore with the newer consoles. I also don't think a game playing better with a controller necessarily makes it console-centric.

I also don't think a game playing better with a controller necessarily makes it console-centric.
Is it logical for me to conclude you're saying Doom is not necessarily PC centric?
:D

I don't know whether being designed to be played with a controller makes it more of a console game or not, but as a PC game it does automatically make it into avoidware for me.

If that's the case with Biomutant, well, that's a shame. But I can live without it.

This game seems really interesting. I don't follow gaming news that much, so it was new to me this year and I'm not past the hype.

I think this could be especially nice for my kids to play alone with some supervision, or us to play together. I've got nothing against the style or furry-esthetic, and it's fine for me to play games like this with a controller.

Back
Top Bottom