Pricewatch!

Go anywhere, do anything in a world thriving with hundreds of locations, multiplayer battles with up to 64 players, is on sale at GamersGate:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-MBMBW/mount-and-blade-collection-bundle

8.74€ for the complete collection.

And no, I'm still not buying. Somehow I believe I'd have more fun burning that money.

Not buying Mount & Blade? wow, you're missing out. Even me who doesn't usually like 'hack&slash' games but prefer turn based, I like it a lot (to my surprise, I didn't give it much chance when I started it up)

I'm not interested into stuff without a story behind it. If I was, I'd play tetris.
Write a story and drag me into it. You can't? No story, no buy.

But since such game is for whatever reason highly spoken of on RPG forum, I've posted about the current sale. Maybe someone likes such stuff, sadly not me.

I'm not interested into stuff without a story behind it. If I was, I'd play tetris.
Write a story and drag me into it. You can't? No story, no buy.

But since such game is for whatever reason highly spoken of on RPG forum, I've posted about the current sale. Maybe someone likes such stuff, sadly not me.

There are quests and stories to follow or you can make your own story and define your own path. In both cases, you will need to 'rise' and build yourself and your army - and that is where the excitment begins.

Moreover, nothing like going against a 300 man army with your 50 hardended soldiers and companions that you trained through your long journey. Absolute pleasure.

I love mount & blade but I tend to get stuck and not really knowing what to do. First time I lost most of my army and just started over, second time I got in a position where I just ended up farming maps for a larger army which got more frustrating over time as I lost movement speed and couldn't catch up with stuff. I dunno, I probably did something wrong but I just didn't know what to do x)
Tempted to take it up and try again though.

I love mount & blade but I tend to get stuck and not really knowing what to do. First time I lost most of my army and just started over, second time I got in a position where I just ended up farming maps for a larger army which got more frustrating over time as I lost movement speed and couldn't catch up with stuff. I dunno, I probably did something wrong but I just didn't know what to do x)
Tempted to take it up and try again though.

I'm in that position currently, my army of 100+ is slow (even though I have a speed of like 5) so many things outrun me. I think the point is that ...

a) you either chase them until eventually they get stuck between you and a wall, or some other army happens to show on the other side and they have to fight you, or

b) you leave half your troops at one of your castles before going quest objective hunting

Aldorlea Games Millennium series over on Groupees, with tiers of $1, $2, and $4.

http://groupees.com/spotlight5

P.S. I've only played the first Millennium a little bit, but it seems like an awesome game that takes me right back to my 16-bit childhood. Recommended.

Haha!

I grew up with those 16-bit games, so they take me back to a special place. That said, the artwork of Millennium make look a little...girlish (?)...but the game itself is actually quite charming and very typical of your favorite SNES RPGs.

That said, I only played an hour or two, but what I saw, I liked.

I actually prefer Laxius Force, though, which is made by the same company. It's a bit darker and much longer with a bigger world to explore. It is also described as, and I quote, "Laxius Force is an epic, addicting RPG at the crossroads of games like Baldur's Gate and the old Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest." So that's a winner for me.

You can get those games at IndieGala currently for $1 minimum.

Don't feel bad Fluent as I grew up playing those games, and still do myself. So to me it's a good find. Allow me to say thank you for posting the link.;)

Dunno if combat is crappy or not, but hostiles respawn endlessly and I was so annoyed with it that I've uninstalled the game after just a few maps and am not planning to play it again unless some nice soul mods it in a way nothing respawns.

If you do like mobrespawn games, Inquisitor should be on your instabuy list. Otherwise stay away from it.

Back
Top Bottom