The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Update was fairly large. Hotfix is fairly small. Plan accordingly.

Apparently, it was something with how the server handles mail. It was doing mail stuff every 6 hours, causing a predictable large lag spike as the server did the magic math in the background. They switched to 5 minutes, and caused the server to get overloaded.

The hotfix just switched it back to 6 hours.

I will try and get on by 7pm but don't wait on me. It is family and they can mess up any good plan. lol I don't need xp on my alt so run what you will. I will catch up on stuff.

First imprression of the new quests : - I did only 3 1/2, mind you ! -

- Demons
- Fire
- few traps
- jumping (potions !)
- ghost tough weapons

The "nightmare" thing quest is especially complicated. Especially regarding jumping, but also because of its unique quest design. I couldn't get through it fully. Only for roughly 1/2.

The "Whodunnit" is fairly good, but lots of narrow corridors (shortcuts can be found), and lots of hard hitting mobs ! Town environment.

The quest with the Irian Eye is the easiest of all. But with fire & scorpions. Desert environment.

The Chaos Eye quest has lots of hard hitting demons. The only traps I've encountered so far.

I played them on elite difficulty with my level 20 Trapper Alrih, and even then, she died a few times (no hirelings except Shield Guardian sometimes), especially in the Whodunit.

Reminder that we'll start out on our epics for token runs.

After that, we'll see what's what. I've been working on a migraine today so we'll see if the Excedrin kicks in. If not, I might be short-timing.

Going to KY this weekend so I will be out Friday.

Alts on Lordsmarch2, then. We'll see what the tweaked gear looks like.

I'm out the following Friday (07MAY) to watch my oldest do a COVID-belated college graduation ceremony.

I will probably be about 15 minutes late tomorrow. If you want to rock a quick token run, I can jump in when you're done.

It usually takes us at least 15 minutes to figure out where we are. So you'll probably be waiting on us to start the DA run.

Code:
 News and Notes:

Combat

The animations for Intimidate, Bluff, and Diplomacy no longer cancel the attack chain.
    The pause after swapping equipment has been reduced.

Items

The Aegis of Aosu'riel now has flavor text.

Aasimar Scourge's Greater Scourge Weapons no longer says it grants offhand Doublestrike, is now hidden from the buff bar, and no longer falls off when you enter a dungeon, die, or rest.

The critical threat range of the Collapsible Shortbow has been fixed, with its Heroic version back to 20x3 and the Epic version properly at 19-20x3. 

Vivace, the Rapier of Rhapsody now applies it spell critical damage more reliably.

Several new items released in Update 49 now have their correct material type. 

The Snakeskin Vest, Gorgon Docent, and Gorgon Armor are now back to being minimum level 8. 

Corrected an issue that was preventing Bladeforged Iconics from getting their level 15 gear on the Hardcore server. 

The Sunblade no longer improperly places a buff onto your buff bar. 

The Magical Vulnerability from Bound Fate and the Physical Vulnerability from Grim Fate no longer stack when effects from different ranks are applied.

Rank 2 and 3 of Bound Fate now applies Magical Vulnerability for the correct duration of 45 seconds.

Rank 3 of Bound Fate now properly applies its listed amount of 12% Magical Vulnerability.

Grim Fate now properly applies its listed amount of Physical Vulnerability (6/10/12%).
    Corrected an issue with the icon for the new Hardcore IV mount. 

Enhancements

The Wizard version of Eldritch Knight's Eldritch Blade capstone now properly adds +2 Constitution

Knight of the Chalice's Holy Retribution now restores Smite charges again. 

The Communion of Scribing in the Bladeforged Iconic enhancement tree no longer has its incorrect tooltip speed numbers. 

The Word of Balance SLA in Season's Herald has had its text corrected.

Tier 4 of Angel of Vengeance no longer erroneously applies extra caster levels to Sunbolt.
    Tier 4 of Angel of Vengeance now calls out that it applies to alignment spells. 

Favor

The favor reward for achieving the proper amount of Morgrave University favor is now available and grants +2 to Search and Spellcraft. 

Feats

Multitude of Missile no longer puts Manyshot on cooldown.
    Some outdated references to Manyshot in other abilities have been removed.

Hardcore

The Hardcore vendor now allows access to previous rewards earned during prior seasons on the Hardcore server itself.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Menace of the Underdark
        Caught in the Web:
            This quest is now slightly brighter.
            Lolth has fewer mobs in the final fight.
            Portal Keepers respawn five seconds slower and more predictably.
            Ana now notices artifacts from further away.

Miscellaneous:

The alert icon for a guild leveling up to a high level now uses the Legendary Victory icon.

Alright then, ladies and gents. Your mission on the alts for this coming week, should you choose to accept it, is Necro4 plus as much running around in the Orchard as you desire. I think that will probably fill out the session pretty well. If you get done quickly, you could putter around Gianthold. Walkups only...we'll save the flaggers, maybe Crucible, Tor, and Piker's Fate for the following week assuming JM remains out of touch.

I don't remember ever having done Necro4. This will be ... interesting.

Just copied from the in-game window chat :

( Guild: ) : Your guild's leader, Reywindd, has been absent and will be considered delinquent in 13 days. At that time, the successor will be able to take leadership of the guild.

Thanks Alrik, I'll log in later to prevent that happening. I regularly forget about the need to do so since I rarely run that toon.

You could make that into a habit : When you arrive at the session, just quickly log into that toon, then log out, and log into your play toon. This shouldn't take mor than 5 minutes, I guess.

We went successfully through 3/4 of Necro4, if I saw that correctly. With our alts. Around level 15-16 by now, I think. Afterwards, three of us did some explorer and … finally found that caravan !

Of named loot, I got only 1 robe - called "Antithesis", but I'm so much grateful for all donated pieces ! I mean, I'm totally flattened by this … My Sigil is even complete now !

And now … I've got to turn that one in … :)

Sounds good. Which quest did you not complete? I'm guessing Inferno. We'll probably walk away from Necro and get started on our Gianthold tour next alt session. I'll see where Klubbir's at and run her around the Orchard for a bit if necessary.

Any word on JM's status?

Back
Top Bottom