Pricewatch!

AC Black Flag is awesome!!!

I thought I was going to really like Black Flag. I love the island location. Out of all the older AC games, it's my favorite setting by far. The game is also absolutely beautiful from a visual standpoint.

Like the rest of the older games though (at least the ones I've played), I think the gameplay is awful. It just feels very repetitive and gamey to me, and there are too many icons and quest markers floating around the screen. I couldn't get immersed in the game world, and that's a deal-breaker for me.

I thought I was going to really like Black Flag. I love the island location. Out of all the older AC games, it's my favorite setting by far. The game is also absolutely beautiful from a visual standpoint.

Like the rest of the older games though (at least the ones I've played), I think the gameplay is awful. It just feels very repetitive and gamey to me, and there are too many icons and quest markers floating around the screen. I couldn't get immersed in the game world, and that's a deal-breaker for me.

This is exactly how I feel about black flag and remember - repetitiveness. It just feels like a chore going from one island to the next to do the same thing, marred by collectables .. etc.

I recently played AC1 (drm free from humble) and thought it was brilliant where you feel like a real assassin, missions are varied, different cities, you never lose control even in the cut-scenes, very good story and atmosphere, and I like the combat. It is also refreshing that you need to practice your moves, be stealthy and think for assassinations rather than the arcade type stuff in black flag. Controls take a bit of getting use to but all logical.

Green Man Gaming has a lot of games on sale right now. Among them are GTA V for 80% off (only 20 hours left on that one), and No Man's Sky at 66% off.

I'm thinking about finally giving No Man's Sky a try. I hear it's vastly improved since release. Thoughts?

If you bought it for combat, you'll get dissapointed; on the other hand, lore/story presentation and progress is fantastic imo.

If you bought it for combat, you'll get dissapointed; on the other hand, lore/story presentation and progress is fantastic imo.

I am quite liking the combat, but again, YMMV.

The combat in Tower can get a little repetitive and stale, but switching out members can resolve that issue immediately. The exploration and lore factors will more than compensate, I guarantee it!

I played it from the start. Deleted the game quickly. All the reviews were spot on, very negative. Fast forward a few years and it's a complete fun game. Better graphics, lore, story(ies), interface. I'm enjoying it quite a bit now.

Which game? Ash of God? Tower of Time? Rebel Galaxy? Lots of games mentioned in this thread ;)

I played it from the start. Deleted the game quickly. All the reviews were spot on, very negative. Fast forward a few years and it's a complete fun game. Better graphics, lore, story(ies), interface. I'm enjoying it quite a bit now.

I'm thinking about finally giving No Man's Sky a try. I hear it's vastly improved since release. Thoughts?
Heck, I loved it when it first came out. The game is a dream come true for folks who like taking screenshots. NOBODY will have a screenshot just like the one you make! ;)

No Man's Sky. Sorry. Still trying to figure this site out(newbie)

Yeah, I'm still very early in the game, but it's a lot of fun. It's much deeper than I was expecting. I get the feeling I'll be sinking some significant time into this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom