So there was a KotOR remake. And now there isn't.

Drithius

Magic & Loss
Not sure if anyone around here was following this, but there was a full-fledged remake of KotOR in the works, utilizing the Unreal Engine. It had been progressing along quite well, having been in production for a couple years now.

And now it's no more.

More info: https://twitter.com/PoemStudios
DpPNojJWwAEX4sO.jpg

Can't say I'm surprised really. Their legal plan was to simply not monetize it… which was pretty naive of them in my opinion, where a multibillion dollar IP is concerned.

It was actually shared twice already on two different threads, As for the story itself I'm not surprised as I said before it would receive a cease and desist letter eventually.
To bad the project will eventually be shut down by EA and Disney. I still remember when someone else tried to make a fan version of KotOR III in Unreal III a few years ago.
Well you would need BioWare and Obsidian's approval but Lucas/Disney owns the IP. Also EA has the exclusive and only contract to develop Star War games from Disney.

All they have done is make Star Wars: Battlefront games, and cancel the other projects.

Last edited:
That's why I stopped writing Star Wars Fan Fiction. I won't ever be able to prove it, but ideas were stolen from me and later published by Official Star Wars authors.

So ... don't ever post your Fan-Fiction stories on platforms where you know Official authors are on, too !

(The story behind that is a bit long, but I'm quite sure on my side.)

That's why I stopped writing Star Wars Fan Fiction. I won't ever be able to prove it, but ideas were stolen from me and later published by Official Star Wars authors.

So … don't ever post your Fan-Fiction stories on platforms where you know Official authors are on, too !

(The story behind that is a bit long, but I'm quite sure on my side.)
I've read about authors suing fan-fiction writers and sites. Its crazy. One example would be George R. R. Martin he loathes fanfiction, but he has failed to win in court.

Well, since then I'm writing my own stories. My own setting.

Well, since then I'm writing my own stories. My own setting.
Glad to see the whole experience didn't make you give up writing.:handshake:

Let me know if you ever self publish your own writings.

One tip try Amazon as its easy to self publish an E-book.

Yes, but I'm a bit hesistant towards Amazon : Simply because Amazon is so big.
Plus, it would be all in my own language, of course. ;)
Plus, I'd like to have it printed. ;)

I don't know about you, but I think that would be fantastically cool! Obviously, it would be even more fantastically cool if they put a little "based on work by Zloth and Alrik Fassbauer" in the forward but the simple idea that one of my ideas made it to the big time would have me pretty stoked!

Errr, unless they stole it and everybody said it was the stupidest part of the movie/book/game. But I'm sure everybody would have loved it if they kept to my idea better and left the main character as a 4ft tall Midi-chlorian. ;)

Back
Top Bottom