Drakensang:RoT Where do I get ignisfaero (fireball)?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
I'm almost through the game and there are many spells that I'm missing. The biggy is the crowd killer, ignisfaero. Does it eventually unlock at Master Brookbeards? I've also noticed that my Battlemage never gets a summon spell. I may have to edit one in for me. Jaakon is a battlemage and he has a fire elemental, yet my battlemage doesn't have one....

Fireball and Summoning Spells are both available by Brookbeard IIRC after you defeat the fire-elementals in his basement.

Edit:
I read up at the wiki:

The Spells are available after curing Ardo.

There is a background lore inconsistency regarding the Igniphaero.

According to *official* TDE, this spell is only available mana, many years after The River Of Time, around the time of the Borbarad invasion, that is, and given as a present by the obscure Concile Of THe Elemental Forces.

Which means that this spell shouldn't be available in The River Of Time.

I can't imagine any non-DSA player caring about such inconsistency. This is a totally different venue than P&P. A Pure P&P conversion won't sell enough copies to stay afloat. Oops!

I find it funny that you (a German speaking fan) and me (an American geek) is each using the others' abbreviation. You're using TDE and I'm using DSA :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Fenris!!! Can I leave work early and go buy fireball? I've freed Ardo and I've been good all week long.

I find it funny that you (a German speaking fan) and me (an American geek) is each using the others' abbreviation. You're using TDE and I'm using DSA :D

Uups ! :lol:

Yes, I thought I was speaking to an audience which is rather accustomed to the abbreviation of "TDE" … ;) :D

Edit : The German "uups" is pronounced almost exactly like the English "oops" ... ;)

With fireball, I could probably solo a lot of the rest of the game. It's a great party slayer.

Personally, I haven't found too much use for it yet, because I constantly fear that my own party members could get damage from it, too … ("friendly fire") …

Here's how I typically use it. I sneak up with just my mage, leaving all my party members in passive mode so they don't engage as soon as I start casting. If I initiate combat, you don't have to wait four rounds for the spell to fire, it goes immediately. After casting, I run like crazy past my party members. I then set all of them to aggressive, which gives them free hits on the enemy because they all have me their aggro target. It's amazing how much damage the enemy takes before they get to inflict a single point. This strategy doesn't always work; sometimes they detect me before I get to cast the spell. In that case, I still run behind my party and set them to agressive. I'll let them get one whack in, take a burn salve and then I cast the fireball in the middle of the melee. My members take some damage, but nothing compared to the poor saps without salve :)

Back
Top Bottom