Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 Remake Footage

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on 8 minutes of footage from the Fallout 3 Remake that is being done in Fallout 4.

YouTube's 'JuiceHead' has shared a video, showing 8 minutes of gameplay footage from the latest beta build of the Fallout 3 Remake Mod in Fallout 4, Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland. This video showcases the Point Lookout DLC, so be sure to watch it if you are fans of Fallout 3.

[...]

More information.

I enjoyed the look they are putting together; it makes the scene feel more immersive and brings the area to life. At the same time, the movement of the PC (camera) now seems less plausible. But perhaps that's just me? I suppose I'd quickly get used to it again.

To you maybe and yes it probably is a waste of time ,but some of these modders end up getting jobs in the industry. Anyway I'll play the mod if they ever finish the game.

Anyway you use mods that basically do the same for Morrowind.

I wouldn't mind seeing an official remake that upgrades the graphics and mechanics. This one looks decent, but it's hindered by the fact that Bethesda isn't allowing them to use the original voiceovers and music.

I wouldn't mind seeing an official remake that upgrades the graphics and mechanics. This one looks decent, but it's hindered by the fact that Bethesda isn't allowing them to use the original voiceovers and music.
Yeah that always sucks but that's usually to avoid a Cease and desist letter. I remember it happening with the mod that tried to combine all three newer Fallout games.
News to me. I have never played Morroblivion or Skywind or any of that stuff. Not that any of it was ever finished, because those projects never do get finished.
I recall you hyping a mod that updated the game but my bad if I was wrong. There have been plenty of complete Fallout 4 mods. The lack of voice-overs is the major drawback.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44364

Yeah that always sucks but that's usually to avoid a Cease and desist letter.

They already received one of those. That's why the development was halted for a while. They started up again after they decided they would record their own voiceovers.

I just call that bull-crap because the voice actors might complain they did not get payed or some other non-sense by Bethesda. Keanu did the same with Cyberpunk 2077.

Though in that case it was a mod altering his appearance.

Last edited:
The soul-sucking disappointment that was Fallout Four....it's hard to imagine anything worse than that ever occurring again. Please any reading developers, do not take that as a challenge!!

Except for the dialogue and perk systems, I thought Fallout 4 was an improvement over FO3 in most ways.

I enjoyed both FO3 & FO4. Still have a game going in each, in fact. I'm debating whether or not to buy a fresh copy of Gothic 1 and crank that up. Steam has it at $9.99. Time to whack some Orcs and kick the crap out of Mud.

<snip> Morroblivion <snip> Not that any of it was ever finished, because those projects never do get finished.

This is incorrect. Morroblivion was finished a long time ago and is pretty much perfectly playable. It's been part of my Oblivion install for years.

This is incorrect. Morroblivion was finished a long time ago and is pretty much perfectly playable. It's been part of my Oblivion install for years.

1. I like to play games that are more than "pretty much perfectly playable."
2. Morrowind is more than playable.
3. Morrowind looks better than Oblivion. Oblivion can keep its dialogue system and its playdoh people.
4. You can use mods with Morrowind. You cannot use mods with Morroblivion.
5. The most recent version of Morroblivion is 0.65. It is, by definition, not finished.

I'm debating whether or not to buy a fresh copy of Gothic 1 and crank that up. Steam has it at $9.99. Time to whack some Orcs and kick the crap out of Mud.

You might want to get the GOG version. A lot of people seem to have issues with the Steam version of Gothic on newer OS. It's the same price either way.

I've the GoG version of the Gothics and have had no issues with any of them, to date. So there's another vote for taking the great old games option.

On the contrary - Morroblivion comes with all the quests, locations, dialogue and story from the original. It has the occasional bug, nothing game breaking, just like the original. Some of the game systems in the OB engine are better than MW. It doesn't need third party apps to enhance the experience. There are plenty of mods for Morroblivion and you can further mod it like any other mod. The base version number of MWOB may never have reached 1.0 but saying it's not finished because of that is just semantics. The mods you say don't exist do exist and are what finished the initial work done to convert MW to OB. Preferring one over the other is fine, saying MWOB wasn't finished or isn't playable just isn't true.

The base version number of MWOB may never have reached 1.0 but saying it's not finished because of that is just semantics.

Version numbers are used to designate when something is finished (and to indicate how far away a program is from being finished when it's not). They serve literally no other purpose.

"Some of the game systems in the OB engine are better than MW."

Maybe to you. I don't like how Oblivion does anything more than Morrowind except for the combat physics, and even then only barely.

"The mods you say don't exist do exist and are what finished the initial work done to convert MW to OB."

From the website: "ModExporter does not yet do a 100% perfect conversion of Tamriel Rebuilt. However, many simple fetch quests will work out-of-the-box. More complex quests will need custom script modifications to work in Morroblivion."

No thanks. I ain't doing any "custom script modifications" to get a mod I can already play in Morrowind to work in a different mod.

Back
Top Bottom