WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Tips & Tricks & Help

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Is there a way to quickly see which arcane spells my Cleric/Mage already has in his spellbook when looking at scrolls?

So far the only way I know is right-clicking all scrolls in the inventory to determine which one says "copy to spellbook". That can become quite tedious as the game progresses and it's even worse when purchasing new scrolls.

Is there a way to quickly see which arcane spells my Cleric/Mage already has in his spellbook when looking at scrolls?

So far the only way I know is right-clicking all scrolls in the inventory to determine which one says "copy to spellbook". That can become quite tedious as the game progresses and it's even worse when purchasing new scrolls.
If I remember correctly there's a tiny icon that shows whether the spell can be learnt but I think you need a telescope to see it...

It's visible on the tooltip, there's an "available to: <list>" section under the spell title. My current character isn't a caster so I only see the name of my companions when they know the spell. Isn't that showing the name of your own character too, when applicable?

When you place your mouse on each scroll, it lists everyone who has this spell in their spellbook. If no one is listed, then no one has that spell in their spellbook.

I really dislike the homm-style part of the game. In chapter 2 (I think) , you basically have only two useful regular units (footmen and archer) , and two Mercs units (hellknight and clerics). Units they give you after finishing a battle are basically useless. That doesn't give much option. I tried to get to Drezen yesterday and the battle just before was more than my army could handle. I fought everything under level 5 on the map to upgrade my general.

Now, it seems the only things I can do is "skip days" until I get enough troops to handle that fight.

I really dislike the homm-style part of the game. In chapter 2 (I think) , you basically have only two useful regular units (footmen and archer) , and two Mercs units (hellknight and clerics). Units they give you after finishing a battle are basically useless. That doesn't give much option. I tried to get to Drezen yesterday and the battle just before was more than my army could handle. I fought everything under level 5 on the map to upgrade my general.

Now, it seems the only things I can do is "skip days" until I get enough troops to handle that fight.

Hk and clerics are way more powerful than footmen and archer at this stage - you get to upgrade your troops in chap3 which makes army battle more fun/less tedious. Also, you don't have to defeat all enemy armies now, you can come back to them in chap3. It also seems like mage generals are more powerful than others.

It sucks that balancing is so out of whack with army battle. Some units/leaders are just straight up underwhelming and you won't know it until you spend your resources to hire them and try them out in battle.

You will find out why she wants it very early on in chap5, keep playing ;)

Level cap is 20 and likely you will hit it before moving onto chap6 because (big spoiler ahead):

Legend path loses mythic power but instead you get level 40 cap
I refused to pick that path.
Did pick it just to grab the highly important achievements. :rolleyes:
Remained Azata.

But I did notice something.
That path does not remove the dragon companion. It IMO should per description.
Gold dragon path removes the dragon companion. Where's the logic in that?

Hint:
Crusade battles on the map return in chapter 5.
But the queen, I knew she's a b***h, took all your armies with her and you need to start from scratch.
1. In chapter 3 hopefully you've built +25% army buildings everywhere as noone could take them away
2. You've returned with at least a million of coins from chapter 4, invest at least a part of that money into new buildings

I've posted before. Hellknights are bs and not worth your cash.

Clerics and archers are what you want, buy as many as possible.
The rest of cash put into the cheap footmen vulgaris and whenever possible grab rangers and thiefling archers.
Only those 5 types matter in ch2 and ch3, everything else is bs, especially hellknights.

Due to nonmagic units in chapter 2, pick a mage general (any, but the best one by default leads 4 unit stacks) as your first general. You'll want a second general in chapter 3, pick any, all are good, but as I also wrote, a general that has stun for 2 turns skill will make fights against tons of succubi trivial.

I've never skipped days, not seeing why anyone would go for that unless it's the game end and only one main quest remained so you're clearing sidecontent.
Ch2 is not the game end.

----------------------------------------------------

Unrelated to above…

A hint for those who will play Azata in ch4.
As soon as you can, kill slavers, one by one. Talk to them, attack in the dialogue and free slaves they sell. Works for rping both any alignment, you profit weither morally, financially or with power.
Why am I saying this? There will be a moment you'll have to choose something and this will make all choices presented - possible.

A hint I need, also ch4.
Several buildings, I think four of them, have a hidden place to put something in, a puzzle of a sort.
I've never received a quest for solving that, what did I miss? Is it perhaps class specific or I went with another route where it's not needed to do somewhere?

Last edited:
I refused to pick that path.
Did pick it just to grab the highly important achievements. :rolleyes:
Remained Azata.

But I did notice something.
That path does not remove the dragon companion. It IMO should per description.
Gold dragon path removes the dragon companion. Where's the logic in that?

I keep hearing different things about Aivu if you go azata to legend.

Some people said she flew back to Elysium but then came back later to join you to fight in chap6. Some said she stayed but withered and evetually died *sob*. I"m not going to risk seeing Aivu die, so I will never switch path from azata.

Hint:
Crusade battles on the map return in chapter 5.
But the queen, I knew she's a b***h, took all your armies with her and you need to start from scratch.
1. In chapter 3 hopefully you've built +25% army buildings everywhere as noone could take them away
2. You've returned with at least a million of coins from chapter 4, invest at least a part of that money into new buildings

I've posted before. Hellknights are bs and not worth your cash.

Clerics and archers are what you want, buy as many as possible.
The rest of cash put into the cheap footmen vulgaris and whenever possible grab rangers and thiefling archers.
Only those 5 types matter in ch2 and ch3, everything else is bs, especially hellknights.

Due to nonmagic units in chapter 2, pick mage general (any, but the best one that by default leads 4 unit stacks) as your first general. You'll want a second general in chapter 3, pick any, all are good.

I've never skipped days, not seeing why anyone would go for that unless it's the game end and only one main quest remained so you're clearing sidecontent.
Ch2 is not the game end.

----------------------------------------------------

Unrelated to above…

A hint for those who chose Azata in ch4.
As soon as you can, kill slavers, one by one. There will be a moment you'll have to choose something and this will make your choice easier.

A hint I need, also ch4.
Several buildings, I think four of them, have a hidden place to put something in, a puzzle of a sort.
I've never received a quest for solving that, what did I miss? Is it perhaps class specific or I went with another route where it's not needed to do somewhere?

I had very different experience - I find HK very strong and still using them im chap3. Cleric I find much less useful - they don't do much damage unless you put smite evil (which you have only 1 charge per battle) and they can't take much hit either.

I mainly use snipers, HK, hedge knights and champions.

@joxer; About your question, I don't think its a proper "quest", its just a hidden thing you can do to get more exp etc.

Snipers are archers upgraded in ch3. Riders are good with mobility but are squishy and I hate them. ;)
Champions are footmen vulgaris upgraded, their role is to block anyone that is coming close to your ranged units and you can't have enough of them.

Instead of HK, you should have saved your cash for 3 stacks of different archers - with that setup "hardest" fights last 2 turns max.

I'm a VERY slow player. Now with this knowledge of the maze (which is called the Labyrinth in the German translation), I've made up a new character with a new background. The only thing that stayed was the race, as I absolutely love Aasimar.
I have a few of them in DDO ( I'm an altoholic there :lol: ).

I try to approach things a little bit differently now.

Last time, I had made a ranger, I guess, now it's … a hunter ?

Both seem to be very similar in a lot of points, maybe it's a translation problem ?

The one is called a "Waldläufer", which is a traditional trnslation of "ranger" here.
The second one, of which I guess that it is a hunter class, is translated as "Förster".

In Real Life, the word "Förster" means a real profession of someone caring for a wood, usually paid by the government. He doesn't primarily hint animals like boar, deer, rabbits, fox etc. , his (or her) main profession is caring for the trees and for the wood.
The hunter is then a "Jäger", and this is not a real profession in RL, rather some kind of hobby. I know of no professionals there, although I must say that the Förster and the Jäger both overlap in some things, as both are mostly bound to woods (Jäger can also be found in the countryside which is dominated by farming, especially if boars are destroying crops), and both are determined to reduce the number of wild animals if they destroy the woods too much (some kinds of deer for example love eating the "skin" of young trees, thus crippling them or even kill them, as the "skin" of trees are the trees' living parts which transport the water to the top).

So, I'm not really sure what is what within the game. The Förster does have an animal companion, the Waldläufer does not, which surproises me, because in DDO, Waldläufer have animal companions ( I know of one very early ( level 1-2 ) DDO item which indeed has "ranger" translated as "Förster").

Now, I'm playing that, and out of curiosity I took a horse as my animal companion. I'm curious as how useful this might be.
And even horses can have several roles, it seems … I used the one which is translated as "Bollwerk", which I guess is a tank.
And I already put a healing potion into its belt. ;)

Regarding translations : Can someone please transcribe Seelah's battle cries for me ?
With some, I get only rubbish like "Let the Inherner guide my blade !".
Others are well understandable, on the other hand, like "The Right Hate You !"

Another question : Very early within the game, Selah seems to be more missing than hitting enemies. Is there some way to "fix" that ? Do I have to put more points into something ? I noticed that her "athletic" is very low, so I put one or two points into that (I think I'm at level 2 with my new characters now).

Regarding translations : Can someone please transcribe Seelah's battle cries for me ?
With some, I get only rubbish like "Let the Inherner guide my blade !".
Others are well understandable, on the other hand, like "The Right Hate You !"

Another question : Very early within the game, Selah seems to be more missing than hitting enemies. Is there some way to "fix" that ? Do I have to put more points into something ? I noticed that her "athletic" is very low, so I put one or two points into that (I think I'm at level 2 with my new characters now).

Some warcries, starting with the one you're looking for ;)
- the Inheritor guide my blade! (the Inheritor is one of the titles given to Iomedae)
- the light take you
- no glory without risk (the most famous one)
- they will break against our resolve
- we are the light, they are the darkness (she really isn't into many shades of grey)
- no reason to pause (when you're too slow)
- I'm alright … I'm alright (when she's everything but)
- I found … err, something?

As for the misses, you should look at the log and see why the attacks don't succeed. If you hover the mouse on Seelah's actions, it will show you the details in two parts: the attack roll, and the DC (the enemy's defence). If there are bonuses and penalties, they will show.

So, in order to hit, the attack roll must be >= DC

It could be her attack roll which is too low, or the DC which is too high. It's likely the DC, many enemies have a damage resistance (DR) with exceptions like cold iron, or good. I always try to find a melee weapon with the attribute "Cold Iron" to avoid that resistance, because it is very common to many demons.

Or you can also open the inventory and check her attack stats on the left, for the weapon she's currently yielding. Again, if you hover with the mouse, any penalty will be shown. If she has a penalty on STR, it will lower the attack value.

I don't think that the skill "athletic" will help (you can check what it's for by hovering with the mouse).

I haven't had too much trouble with combat and I had to skip only one day in total simply because I was at the end of a recruit week and wanted the extra buffer, before taking Drezen.

I mainly go with one army and have two others that just scout out as much as they can.

My main army to take Drezen was made up of footmen. clerics (although much prefer champions/paladins but wasn't an option), archers, and 47 cavalry units I picked up at some point. My rank was 6 and the fort at Drezen was 5 although I felt it should have been 6 based on the losses I took trying to whittle them down. Either way I won and as Purple said you get better army options once you get Drezen back.

Related to another post - the down side to Beta is I have been through the content and I was left with Lobo at the end of the final BETA content (ch 4 I think) and a MAJOR cliffhanger. So while I am trying to go slow I am driven by a very strong desire to find out what happens ... and I have avoided spoilers so far and hope it stays that way, until I finish the game at least once.

Regardless I have not found the crusade combat all that hard. The main lesson I learned is to avoid taking on things too hard for you. I prefer to always be a minimum of 2 ranks above any army. Not sure about how it will work out in the official release but in BETA it worked very well as I had completely cleared the map of all demons except one unit that was bugged and I couldn't reach.

Unrelated has anyone done much with Aeon MP? I see lots of love for Azata as well as the Lich, followed by talks about Angel and Demon and Gold Dragon. Aeon and Trickster both seem low interest.

Not looking for spoilers just impressions if people have any. I know the mechanics from the WIKI. Trickster breaks the immersion barrier a little for me. Aeon seems cold and very impersonal, being lawful balance and all. Yet might be fun to pursue for a little while.

Also have my first real bug - the middle mouse wheel no longer will zoom camera in and out. Trying to see if there is a fix somewhere.

EDIT: Solved and was going to remove this post but may be useful for others.

Apparently there are times when you hit ENTER to skip cinematic scenes that it can mess up the camera. A reload fixed it.

Some warcries, starting with the one you're looking for ;)
- the Inheritor guide my blade! (the Inheritor is one of the titles given to Iomedae)

Okay, thanks. That was helpful. ;)

DR, yes, that could be it. Especially the demons. I learned that extensively in DDO already. ;)

For months I have here a small hook about angels in Pathfinder … I thought it would be handy in this new game, but I found it's not, unfortunately. It doesn't tell me enough about that topic within the game. Or maybe I'm not far enough.

Seelah is the stupid class paladin because there has to be paladin in every bloody RPG.
It is my personal preference to kick the retarded class outta equatation. Sadly, earlygame you have no other choice but to drag her around. Unless you want to hire mercenaries and build them yourself, but that's turning the game into Icewind Dale 3.

Because she's of the blasphemic class forget her hitting precision, pump up her tankyness and use her party helping abilities.
Later when you get some proper tanks, leave her at base and once you do all of her quests send her away, to hell if you have to.

Unrelated has anyone done much with Aeon MP? I see lots of love for Azata as well as the Lich, followed by talks about Angel and Demon and Gold Dragon. Aeon and Trickster both seem low interest.

Not looking for spoilers just impressions if people have any. I know the mechanics from the WIKI. Trickster breaks the immersion barrier a little for me. Aeon seems cold and very impersonal, being lawful balance and all. Yet might be fun to pursue for a little while.
The love for Azata and Lich comes from their specific bonus - an additional companion (dragon or knight). Other mythic paths provide you only summons and who needs those?
I favored Lich over Azata, but couldn't find an answer if spells/auras/skills/weapons vs undead will make things miserable for lich's companion, so picked the dragonling provided path.
You do get to specify what class the undead companion will be which is kinda silly, because of the above, I don't see anything useful than archer where spells and auras won't reach the distance.

However I have to admit if I ever replay the game, I will pick trickster.
Almost every single dialogue where path specific lines are hidden contain something only a trickster would say/do.
And I want to know what that is.

Other mythical paths do not interest me a single bit.
Angel and Demon? Gimme a break with such originality, they could named them Castiel or Crowley instead. But then again there is paladin class, so of course mythic paths must also contain corny stuff.

Okay, thanks. That was helpful. ;)

DR, yes, that could be it. Especially the demons. I learned that extensively in DDO already. ;)
Forget what I said, DR is damage reduction, obviously it's for the damage roll, sorry...

You're talking about misses with melee weapon, I suppose?

You should really check the combat log. Or even use turn-based combat to have the time to analyze it, at least a few times at the beginning. She's usually quite useful and able so it's worth knowing.

Seelah is the stupid class paladin because there has to be paladin in every bloody RPG.

Well, in DDO I have 2 Paladins now. ;) I really like themm, apart from the restriction that they must be lawful. I would have preferred neutral good, but, as far as I know, that class can't do that.

I like Paladins not because they seem to be the fantasy versions of crusaders, but rathers, because they are "fighters for the good".

What i actually *never* understood, is, why the traditional D&D Cleric is rather modelled after Crusaders as well.

Here, we understand under "Cleric" a completely didfferent thing . A "class" that would rather be a christian abbey monk.

And, what i never understood either, is, why the "Monk" class name is reserved NOT for abbey monks.

I never understood why D&D had everything - just not abbey monks. And I have never seen "Clerics" in a church being dressed as crusaders, in full plate. ;)

Considering that, I was rather surprised to see "monks" being inplemented in the newer "King's Bounty" games (the colourful ones ;) ) properly modelled after christian abbey monks …

Well, in DDO I have 2 Paladins now. ;) I really like themm, apart from the restriction that they must be lawful. I would have preferred neutral good, but, as far as I know, that class can't do that.

I like Paladins not because they seem to be the fantasy versions of crusaders, but rathers, because they are "fighters for the good".

What i actually *never* understood, is, why the traditional D&D Cleric is rather modelled after Crusaders as well.

Here, we understand under "Cleric" a completely didfferent thing . A "class" that would rather be a christian abbey monk.

And, what i never understood either, is, why the "Monk" class name is reserved NOT for abbey monks.

I never understood why D&D had everything - just not abbey monks. And I have never seen "Clerics" in a church being dressed as crusaders, in full plate. ;)

Considering that, I was rather surprised to see "monks" being inplemented in the newer "King's Bounty" games (the colourful ones ;) ) properly modelled after christian abbey monks …

Some of the Knights Templar and Teutonic Knights were clerics fighters in full plate:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_Order

Monks in D&D are modelled more on the Eastern monks as far as I know:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sōhei

@wolfgrimdark; - I'm still tossing on Aeon run. I keep hearing it has very interesting concept but I don't know if I can play the cold lawful cosmic judge.

I will play following mythics in order:
1st - angel: cliched but I'm enjoying it a lot, probably the most "fit" mythic for the story, I think this will be my 2nd favourite mythic.
2nd - azata: I absolutely fell in love with this mythic during beta not only because of Aivu but also butterflies and rainbows + you can do some amazing things with "friendship is magical!" attitude, definitely my favourite mythic.
3rd - trickster: I thought I'm not going to enjoy this one much but chap4 was a blast, trolling demons was very satisfying in beta. Unfortunately, I heard this path is quite underwhelming in chap5-6.
4th - lich/GD: I want to try evil mythic character who will be redeemed later and I thought lich will be the best fit - I'm going to play a girl who thought she needs lich power to defeat demons and can achieve this without being corrupt, she gets to see how wrong she is and change her path. Lich was a powerhouse but it changed Drezen so much to a very depressing place :/
5th - angel/legend: I will play a girl who doesn't worship any deity and she resent this mysterious power given to her and will later reject it.
6th (maybe) - demon/GD: I'm keen on trying a bloodrager class and I think the most fitting mythic is demons
7th (maybe) - aeon to GD or secret 10th path: I'm so intrigued by things aeon can do but being lawful is very hard for me :/

Back
Top Bottom