ATOM RPG: Trudograd - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Today ATOM RPG: Trudograd will be released:

ATOM RPG: Trudograd

Please note: Since Trudograd continues the story of Atom RPG it is recommended to play the previous title before the sequel.

Trudograd is a stand-alone story expansion to Atom RPG - a turn-based roleplaying game set in post-apocalyptic Soviet Union.
It is inspired by classic cRPG titles of the past, such as early Fallout, Wasteland and Baldur's Gate series.

22 years ago the USSR and the Western Bloc destroyed each other in a nuclear inferno. Millions died instantly, society collapsed and technology was sent back into the Middle Ages. You are a member of ATOM - an organization tasked with protecting the post-apocalyptic remnants of humanity.

Two years ago you - a rookie agent of ATOM - were sent on a dangerous mission into the Soviet Wastes. As a result, you uncovered certain information about a new threat that can potentially destroy the struggling remnants of humanity.

In Atom RPG: Trudograd your goal is to travel to a giant post-apocalyptic metropolis that withstood the tests of nuclear obliteration and social collapse. There you must find what is thought to be humanity's last hope in fending off the menace from outer space!

Trudograd features:

• A large city with its own lore and dozens of varying locations to fight, trade, talk and explore in;
  • A hardcore turn-based experience with huge amounts of character development paths, combat styles, skills, perks and distinctions;
  • Unique characters each with their own personality and a robust branching dialogue;
  • Multiple-solution quests, which actively change the city around you;
  • Ability to transfer your hero from our previous game (Atom RPG);
  • An easy game to pick up. While Trudograd is a continuation of the first game's plot, it is also friendly towards new players, and will quickly fill you in on the lore and major developments you might have missed;
  • A result of a two year long community effort, made by players for players. This game encompasses a lot of changes from our previous title, that were inspired by user feedback.
More information.

Thought it released later this month. Oh well since I paused Pathfinder WotR, and find Encased annoying I'll replay the first game again, and then this expansion.:)

Why did you find it annoying?
The dammed annoying Narrator who voices almost every conversation/cut-scene like a 1930's noir movie. I wish they would allow the player to turn off his voice-overs.:mad:

I quite enjoy the narrator in Encased, it's as good as D:OS2. It takes time though, and that's a risk with those voices, tastes and opinions vary.

Apparently ATOM Trudograd can already be downloaded on GOG, it's a bit under 9 GB. Maybe it's still the EA, I cannot finish this download now to tell :/

Last edited:
I quite enjoy the narrator in Encased, it's as good as D:OS2. It takes time though, and that's a risk with those voices, tastes and opinions vary./
The dev replied they are considering removing the narrators voice over. Probably an option to shut that damn voice up, and leave it alone for those that like it.:clap:

Time to download your game :)
Trudograd 1.0 RELEASED!

Greetings, friends!

The moment has come and ATOM RPG: Trudograd has finally been released from Early Access.

We want to use this opportunity to once again state how thankful we are for your ceaseless support, and we can't wait to read your reviews, critiques, new ideas and suggestions. Trudograd will still grow and develop, so feedback is paramount even after the release.

If you ever stumble upon a bug, please report it on the Steam forum or by sending us your save game to support@atomrpg.com

However, we must warn you that the fact that save files made in Early Access no longer work in 1.0 is not a bug. It is a regrettable, yet completely standard and very important measure made by us in order to guarantee quality support and avoid current and future technological problems with the game.

Apart from that, our team will be on 24\7 stand-by to read your reports and improve the game if any errors are found.

Now, let's talk about what awaits you in Trudograd. Planned as a small DLC, this game quickly grew thanks to your suggestions, and currently boasts the following traits:
  • Ability to continue playing as your ATOM RPG character - for this you must make a save file after beating ATOM RPG's last boss and upload it into Trudograd via a helpful menu;
  • A vast open world, containing 45+ populated locations, from a snowy post apocalyptic megapolis and its outskirts to secret Soviet military bunkers, a large pirate tanker in the frozen sea and a mysterious island, among many more;
  • 30+ combat-only locations where players will get to fight tens of foe varieties from mercenaries to merciless mutants;
  • 300+ characters, each with a unique portrait and branching dialogue;
  • 200+ quests, most with multiple solutions and outcomes;
  • Fully voiced visual text quests with branching plots and unique hand made artwork;
  • 100+ models of distinct weaponry with 75+ weapon mods for further customization;
  • 3 unique powered Soviet-style exoskeleton armor suits, with 20+ ways to customize and modify them for any playstyle;
  • 45+ hours of gameplay with heightened replayability compared to our studio's first game;
  • Original soundtrack;

. . . And many more additions that make Trudograd a great single player RPG experience!

Now we want to tell you about all the new packs, kits and bundles you might see on our game's page.
[. . .]

Sheesh... as if I didn't already have enough decisions to make this month.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of content mentioned though. For some reason, I thought this was going to be a smaller game.

Do what I do with ninety-nine percent of my games: First move is to make sure subtitles are enabled, and then audio goes bye-bye. As for immersion, just pick your own poison and get the tuneage you desire cranked.

Do what I do with ninety-nine percent of my games: First move is to make sure subtitles are enabled, and then audio goes bye-bye. As for immersion, just pick your own poison and get the tuneage you desire cranked.
Glad that works for you but I need the games music to set the atmosphere.:p

The dev replied they are considering removing the narrators voice over. Probably an option to shut that damn voice up, and leave it alone for those that like it.:clap:

I think there's a volume slider for the narration voice in the options. Although the narration voice is more prevalent in the first hours of the game, because it's only the main quest that is voiced, AFAIK. So when the game opens up, you'll barely hear that narrator. Although I decided to slide down to 0 the volume of his voice, because I think it just slows things down. It's not a game that needs voiced characters, in my opinion. I prefer to read at my own pace than wait for the voice actor's delivery. If there's no big or detailed character models, no cut scenes, no non-verbal language, facial expressions, no nothing… Why add the voices?

Well there is an option to turn it off now but it will disable all voice-overs not just the narrator. So its not an ideal way to shut him up, buy yeah it's the best option right now.

200+ quests, most with multiple solutions and outcomes!? Oh my!
Now I just have to find a way to make room for this monster besides Pathfinder.

Naturally, I immediately bought the two support packs (since I won the base game in a RPGW giveaway).

Back
Top Bottom