Return to Nangrim - First Person Dwarf RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Return to Nangrim is described as a dark first-person fantasy adventure with survival and RPG elements. There is a demo available on the Steam page.

Cold winds howl through the abandoned caverns of Nangrim. This forsaken place holds nothing good for those who dare to pass. Now you must survive down in the depths of this ancient dwarven mountain city, and discover the fate of the Stonebeards in their last days.

Return to Nangrim is a dark first-person fantasy adventure with survival and RPG elements embedded in an epic dwarven lore. Go on an adventure and unveil the mysteries and legends woven around the Stonebeards, the once glorious and powerful dwarven family living in the northern Nimbor Mountains. The fabled world of Nangrim awaits you.

MAIN FEATURES

• Explore epic locations and unveil their secrets. Collect, combine and craft items, and interact with the environment to progress.
  • Find and forge weapons to defend against the dangers that lurk in the dark. Not all creatures have left the mountain fortress.
  • Become a master blacksmith. Learn to forge like the dwarves of old.
  • Your torch is essential: it is not only a flame to light your way but also your primary weapon of defense; keep it close when the darkness closes in.
  • Hammer or axe? Both are unmerciful tools against the evil forces. Forge and upgrade them to unlock their full potential.
  • Use Hilduir, the runic language of the dwarves, to piece together the story, puzzles, and culture of this long-forgotten nation.
  • Procedural elements guarantee a different gaming experience for every player.
  • Experience deep and extensive fantasy lore with tons of side contents, collectibles, and hidden items.
More information.

The older I become the more I hate crafting.
In a single-player RPG I prefer the BG II approach: Find cool pieces of things and bring them to a smith. Done!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of crafting, particularly when you can craft stuff that's better than special items you can find. Takes something away from the exploration, for me.

I don't mind it if it's for things like alchemy, hunting and tanning, etc.

Yep, magic items in BG were something special - and not lurking in every barrel/chest. I appreciated that. I remember playing AD&D - our DM would think up a history for each item we found, and give it to us with great fanfare (even a mere +1 dagger!) Gone are those days ;-)

Everquest nailed crafting for me, any single game that does it similar tends to be something I can deal with. I love and enjoy dorfs, so I'm sure I'll be grabbing this one at some point!

Not a big fan of crafting either. I did like weapon/armor modding and upgrading in FO 4, but not the settlement upgrades. Skyrim was OK, too, on the weapon crafting/modding. I liked how the Gothic games did weapon mods, too.
This game would be fun if it had a 3rd person option despite all the crafting.

What's the point of role-playing a Dwarf in first-person? :)
Hopefully you're not wandering around having to look at everything at human groin height :biggrin:

At least crafting matches the theme in this game (Dwarven miners and smiths).

Back
Top Bottom