The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Release Trailer

If your releasing it commercially on Steam for an international audience to play it damn well should have English voice-overs. I'll just turn off the polish voice-overs if possible.

Cant agree on that. The game has subtitles, which is fully acceptable for international publishing IMO.

If your releasing it commercially on Steam for an international audience to play it damn well should have English voice-overs. I'll just turn off the polish voice-overs if possible.

Only it's not released commercially, done by a mostly polish team of modders and distributed for free. With Polish VO they've paid for themselves.

It's a free, huge mod, I don't see the problem if it does not have english voice-overs. It has subtitles in english.

Cant agree on that. The game has subtitles, which is fully acceptable for international publishing IMO.
It's a free, huge mod, I don't see the problem if it does not have english voice-overs. It has subtitles in english.
Only it's not released commercially, done by a mostly polish team of modders and distributed for free. With Polish VO they've paid for themselves.
Yes it's free but it's released on Steam, given it's own professional page, and promoted just like Enderal. You don't see the other 1,000.000 mods getting this PR and attention.

At this point I really don't care as I had this discussion on the past news-thread. So moving on my opinion is flawed as usual, and I'm wrong every damn time I post.:movingon:

At this point I really don't care as I had this discussion on the past news-thread. So moving on my opinion is flawed as usual, and I'm wrong every damn time I post.:movingon:

Well, not every damn time... :biggrin:

I will say though, as a parallel to this, there are lots of movies I could buy/rent from big online retailers that are only subtitled and not dubbed, so I don't think it's unusual - or even bad - to offer games up the same way, whether they are free or not. Ultimately, like everything in the marketplace, people will vote with their wallets (or in this case, downloads).

Oh my god polish voice over is just fantastic! I see many well-known names in the trailer ( i mean well-known in our territory, that is). Sounds like proffesional work.

I'm fine with good English subtitles if that's all that's available.

What I'm worried about is the INSTALL process. Are they going to release this with an easy-to-use, one click installer where you don't have to go through all the steps of setting up Gothic 2 for modding etc.

I mean even up to the point of including Gothic 2 in their install package (if they have legal permission)

I think this may have been the reason that Steam recently added a complete update for modern systems on the base game, so it would be ready to accept the mod, which they are hosting.

I overlooked this - maybe I will skip Gothic I, which was very ancient even with mod upgrade, where I can wait for the official rework, and move to Gothic II right away.
I didn't play Gothic, I admit that, I started my love relationship with Piranha Bites games with Risen series, alteast I know where my year limit of playability is, so can I say that if someone will create games alteast of quality Risen I, I will play it :)

Back
Top Bottom