Suikoden: Woven Web of the Centuries - Gets English Translation

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TechRaptor reports that Suikoden: Woven Web of the Centuries has received an English translation thanks to a fan translation group.

Suikoden: Woven Web of the Centuries was released in Japan in 2012 for the PlayStation Portable and is the 14th game in the Suikoden series. It never received an English translation until now, apparently. It's the last game released in a series that ran from 1995 to 2012, with Woven Web of the Centuries receiving decent scores from contemporary Japanese reviewers.

Suikoden is a series that's languished in recent years, with players attempting a #SuikodenOnSteam campaign (to bring the series on Steam) that failed to work. While Suikoden 2 was released as a PS Classic for PlayStation 3, Vita, and PSP, it's not available these days either. For fans of Suikoden, the only real ray of hope is its spiritual successor Eiyuden Chronicle, which should be coming sometime in 2023.

[...]

More information.

Suikoden was one the best JRPG series on the PSOne and PS2. To bad the series was put on ice in 2012, but like the article said a spiritual successor is in development.

Last edited:
I think at least the first game would do well for the computer crowd, should anyone ever make that happen. With all the revivals and such that have been happening the last decade or so, I'm surprised this franchise hasn't transitioned yet.

Suikoden was was one the best JRPG series on the PSOne and PS2. To bad the series was put on ice in 2012, but like the article said a spiritual successor is in development.

The spiritual successor is Eiyuden Chronicle (a story about its steam page was posted on this site around the same time as this article), done by the guy who did the earlier Suikodens.

I backed Eiyuden, it;s also coming to gamepass day one.

I backed Eiyuden, it;s also coming to gamepass day one.
Yeah in 2023 so it's still two years out from release our Gamepass spokesperson.:p

Back
Top Bottom