Diablo 3 - Reviews and More

Your right that it's part of the DLC, though the DLC was in the game from day 1. If you consider DLC to be cheating, then that's your opinion, unusual though it may be.

And yes, my whole point was that the only thing different about D3's skill system is that it allows you to respec more freely then other games. It seems you now agree about that point. It doens't mean that you have to like respec mechanics.
But you can't deny that they are an increasingly popular part of modern RPGs.

Anyway I think we've talked about this enough and can move on.

Well DA:O didn't have that book when I played it. Let me guess, paid for DLC that allows you to cheat?

In any case the ability to respec is limited in those cases. D3 allows you to do it everytime you leave town. Not comparable. Respecing makes those examples less RPGs not D3 more of an RPG. Bad logic is bad logic.

Wrong. DA:O has a book you can buy which will respec you.
Your right that it's part of the DLC, though the DLC was in the game from day 1.
No.
There´s no respec in Dragon Age: Origins at all, DLCs or not.
The book is an Awakening expansion feature and can only be used there.

Besides, the "respec" in Diablo 3 is not really a respec feature, it´s more akin to changing equipment.

If you're playing solo, be prepared to be bored to tears:
[snip] I often find myself at a loss as to how far I've progressed through an act because the story is so contrived and there's little variation in the landscapes.
Wow. Just… wow. Out of curiosity, how far along are you? And what cRPG would you say surpasses the variation in D3's landscape hour to hour?

Do a google search for Memoir's of the First Wardens. It was a repsec book that was part of 2 seperate DLCs for DA:O.

And of course there were the books in the expansion.

No.
There´s no respec in Dragon Age: Origins at all, DLCs or not.
The book is an Awakening expansion feature and can only be used there.

Do a google search for Memoir's of the First Wardens. It was a repsec book that was part of 2 seperate DLCs for DA:O.

And of course there were the books in the expansion.

No, it pops up in your inventory if you play the DLCs, not if you play DAO. The DLCs in question are standalone campaigns and not part of DAO. DAO has no respec as far as I know.

I guess I tend to consider expansions and DLC as still being part of the main game, the same way most people consider the D2 expansion as still being part of D2. But your point is still taken. DA:O is just one game and not too important to my overall point.

No, it pops up in your inventory if you play the DLCs, not if you play DAO. The DLCs in question are standalone campaigns and not part of DAO. DAO has no respec as far as I know.

A lot of the same arguments about "viable" builds could be made for Diablo 2 as well. Many of the skills were worthless except for some that let you get some better skill later.

I also remember a buddy who played D2 a LOT bitterly complaining when the game was "rebalanced" and one of his characters became crappy.

Back
Top Bottom