Project Eternity - Update #18, George Ziets Stretch Goal

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If, like me, you're a fan of George Ziets' work on Mask of the Betrayer (and other games) this latest Project Eternity stretch goal for $2.8M is the most exciting so far. There are also new class goals, new addons and new rewards:
We are happy to announce two more classes for the 2.7m stretch goal. With your pledges we now have Barbarians and Ciphers as playable classes, and now we would like to add Paladins and Chanters to round out our class selection for Project Eternity, bringing the class total to 11. [...]
It’s our pleasure to introduce our next stretch goal of George Ziets at $2.8m – with your help, we’ll be able to enlist the skills of George Ziets in shaping Project Eternity. For those not familiar with George’s work, he was the creative lead and core writer behind the acclaimed Mask of the Betrayer - the first expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2. George leant his talents to many of Obsidian’s other games including Fallout: New Vegas.
More information.

For people who won't watch Adam in the video. He promise us a "screenshot" of the game for Thursday.

Here's a great interview with Ziets on the design of MotB for those who don't know him.

Here's a great interview with Ziets on the design of MotB for those who don't know him.
Everything he says is just music to my ears. What I find funny is that the Kickstarter page states that BG2 is one of his favourite games. I gues it is PR talk to not scare away the traditionalists :).

For people who won't watch Adam in the video. He promise us a "screenshot" of the game for Thursday.

That will be good, particularly for the nervous nellies who fret over every little thing in the Obsidian forums. :)

Yeah, I especially like what he says about "Evil" paths. I ALWAYS have a hard time playing evil simply because it makes me feel bad, but if it's interesting enough I might give it a shot. And with interesting I mean I want to play for example an evil guy pretending to be good (Torments dialogues where you could choose to lie or tell the truth but still say the same thing comes to mind).

Most of the time "Evil" is the same as downright stupid. To me evil would be selfish and manupulative, not necesarrily (Damn, how do you spell that???) murderous and brutal.

I would have though Paladins would have been a bit higher up the priority chain for classes for a game in a 'generic fantasy' setting, but maybe that's just me.

Either way, I'm in at $140 as of today, now SEND ME MY CLOTH MAP!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I haven't been this excited since BG2... omg I really hope it will work out. I'm excited and skeptical at the same time. After this much promise and if they don't deliver... I don't even want to think about it.

Funny how Bioware is completely forgotten... BG2 remains as their trophy and yet they don't even want to acknowledge it anymore... all they care about is their crappy, mainstreamed ME and DA. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed ME1,2 and DA:O... but they were just not that good. Not even close to BG2.

I haven't been this excited since BG2… omg I really hope it will work out. I'm excited and skeptical at the same time. After this much promise and if they don't deliver… I don't even want to think about it.

Funny how Bioware is completely forgotten… BG2 remains as their trophy and yet they don't even want to acknowledge it anymore… all they care about is their crappy, mainstreamed ME and DA. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed ME1,2 and DA:O… but they were just not that good. Not even close to BG2.

Well, the difference between their new stuff and say BG2(excellant game) is that they actually own the IP to ME and DA.

Btw, what is George Ziets doing now? I assume he is not at Obsidian. When, why did he leave Obsidian?

He's not doing anything, he have no job (although, he might have done some contractual work in the last year).

He was fired from Obsidian when they downsized after Fallout New Vegas failed to get the metacritic score require for Bethesda to give them a bonus and their undisclosed next-gen game was cancelled.

I think I remember reading that he had been hired by Bethesda to work on their MMO.

Back
Top Bottom