Vampyr - Interview @MCVUK

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A MCVUK interview with the developers of Vampyr brings news that the game will not receive any DLC.

What features of the game are you most proud about?

The ‘Citizens' system, which fits the curse aspect of the vampire, is very original. The player is doomed to kill in order to survive and become stronger. Players won't just feed on unnamed prey. They will make difficult choices, as the main character is a doctor as much as a vampire. They save lives, but also kill to survive. By investigating potential victims, it's up to the player to inform themselves on whether a character ‘deserves' to be fed on or not. The impact of every choice will be felt through the story and the game's various districts. It is very captivating and adds a lot to the experience.

How long are you going to support the title?

This is a purely solo experience; we did not plan DLC. We would prefer, if the reception of the game justifies it, to think about a sequel. We and Dontnod already have some ideas, as there's so many incredible things to offer in such a universe.
More information.

This is a purely solo experience; we did not plan DLC. We would prefer, if the reception of the game justifies it, to think about a sequel.
If I didn't already plan to buy it, this statement would mark the moment I decide to.

Focus needs half a million units to break even and about million to have success. Without any DLC, loot boxes or microtransactions. While others put much more money into PR, sell 4x more and still claim its not success.

Money in PR is a good investment, though. It simply makes you sell A LOT more.

i have trouble seeing this as art. and im a focus fan.
so ... hope for the best

Money in PR is a good investment, though. It simply makes you sell A LOT more.

Sometimes. And sometimes companies spend so much on expensive advertising, it kills their profit margin.

Back
Top Bottom