Skyrim - Look at the size of that box!

All I would want is a nice map and printed manual. I miss the old school maps we used to get with games.

Collector editions like these are missing the whole point for miles. In the old days you got interesting stuff for free with the game. Nowadays if you want somthing extra you have to pay double or triple price and all you get is cheap plastic crap or artbooks that have zero use regarding the game all wrapped in a gigantic box that is mostly empty. Its all for show and no substance.

They could sell that for $5 and I wouldn't buy it. That box is gigantic where the hell am I going to put that? I teach my 7 year old son that bigger isn't always better and here's a case in point.

THE SIZE OF THAT BOX MAKES ME REALY MAD! :p

Last edited:
it's too expensive and to not worth it at half the price, but I went ahead and upgraded my standard PC pre-order to the Collector's Edition anyway. What's one mans trash is another's treasure! I'm also getting the standard edition for the XBOX as well. Since I only buy an average of three games a year, I figured that I would splurge on something that I consider worthwhile. I have a special place in my office for my "stuff." That PVC dragon is going on a shelf next to the Witcher II bust and the Dragon Queen from Two Worlds!

Just as FYI, PVC is illegal (I think?) to use in the European Union because it gives off dangerous and toxic vapors as well as being nearly indedestructible when you get rid off it. I don't know why they don't make the statues of bronze, anyway?

I would like to see a collector's edition with a 200 page book - and might I add that the normal edition of Witcher 2 (pc) was really nice...

If I pre-order on Steam would I get the nice physical map they're offering for all pre-orders?

Somehow, i would like to see in details the charts of sells for skyrim. I am wondering how much the collector edition will sell!

The Skyrim Super Sized edition is:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #131 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#4 in Video Games > PC Games > Role-Playing
#8 in Video Games > PC Games > All Games

The regular edition is:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #86 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#3 in Video Games > PC Games > Role-Playing
#5 in Video Games > PC Games > All Games

#1 and #2 in RPGs are Dead island download and Deus Ex: HR (standard edition).

@holeraw
No reasons at all. changing my question then, i would like to see how many copies they created.
I just feel that the specific edition is overprized.

Amazon has Dead Island listed as an RPG? That's a bad joke…

The result of let's say treating Mass Effect as an RPG ?

Amazon has Dead Island listed as an RPG? That's a bad joke…

Hey! It has a wholatof numbers and leveling up!

The result of let's say treating Mass Effect as an RPG ?

Hmmm weird comparison, Mass effect is an rpg, not sure about dead island though...seriously the lengths you guys go to discredit games from bioware and bethesda is pretty pathetic.

As far as I'm concerned, the term RPG has been so diluted that it's not even worth arguing about anymore. At this point, RPG means any game with stat management that allows the player to earn points and allocate them for upgrades.

Note that I am not saying that I like this, but rather that I've come to begrudingly accept it. Simply having the qualifier 'RPG' on a game means nothing to me anymore. I need to dig deeper to really figure out if it is the sort of game I would like to play or not.

As far as I'm concerned, the term RPG has been so diluted that it's not even worth arguing about anymore. At this point, RPG means any game with stat management that allows the player to earn points and allocate them for upgrades.

Note that I am not saying that I like this, but rather that I've come to begrudingly accept it. Simply having the qualifier 'RPG' on a game means nothing to me anymore. I need to dig deeper to really figure out if it is the sort of game I would like to play or not.

Amen to that. The majority of rpg gamers have accepted this. I dont have to. This must be the the next big thing that all the developers talk about on how to combine rpgs with fps games. Just add stats and label it a rpg. Hell its already happening. Its sad when you think about it.

Hmmm weird comparison, Mass effect is an rpg, not sure about dead island though…seriously the lengths you guys go to discredit games from bioware and bethesda is pretty pathetic.

Well Bioware deserves it after all there wisdom on claiming rpgs are dead. Funny isn't spend years making games then saying the genre is dead.

As for Bethesda to me it just comes to game design and boredom when playing there games. Hopefully Skryrim proves me wrong. Sadly I dont find any recent games that surprise me. To much over hyping and emphasis on numbers.

Back
Top Bottom