Blackguards - Two More Reviews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I have two more reviews for Blackguards to share today.

NoobFeed

Daedalic Entertainment have outdone themselves and Blackguards is one of the best adaptations of a pen and paper RPG that I have ever seen, transforming the original into an amazing digital version that still retains the heart and soul of a pen and paper, whilst getting rid of the inconveniences such a game implies. The in-depth gameplay and the great dungeon design will give you tens of hours of entertainment and the morale system gives the game a lot of replay value. Blackguards is surely a game that will engulf you and will have you invested in its story for the entirety of the game, and it’s a must play for every RPG fan out there.
TotalBiscuit
TotalBiscuit takes a look at a recently released turn-based RPG from Daedalic Entertainment.
More information.

Is it just me, or is the totalbiscuit guy an idiot?! He mentions Daedelic making all these RPGs in the past, surprise to me, but I do a wiki... YUP, I was right, they only do graphic adventures ie point n click. Fool wanted to seem knowledgeable.

No it's just the way he is as he is not called The Cynical Brit for nothing.:)

Total Biscuit is a vid of 30 minutes. Sorry, I have better things to do than watch showmen wannabees on youtube. Without subtitles.

With things NoobFeed noted, I can't disagree.

I actually really like Total Biscuit. Sure, does he always know everything about a game before going in? No. No he doesn't. But that's not the point of his videos. The point is to give first impressions of a title from a sort of everyman's perspective. He tries to say all the strengths and weaknesses of a game he identifies and to be thorough, but he doesn't pretend to know everything. He also doesn't actually "review" titles (he gives impressions), and he doesn't give a score.

His impressions are better than the reviews you'll get from the vast majority of websites for the vast majority of games, and yet he's not deluded enough to feel that he can "score" the games he plays. That earns some respect for me.

"Total Biscuit is a vid of 30 minutes. Sorry, I have better things to do than watch showmen wannabees on youtube. Without subtitles."

I'm not sure where the insult is coming from here. If you don't want to watch videos, don't. It's not that hard. However, video content can be as much of a boon as a burden. Instead of simply telling you about a game, he actually -shows you- the game while talking about it, which gives a much fuller overall impression. You don't have to like it, but I don't see any reason to be a dick about it.

Back
Top Bottom