ToEE - Matt Chat 478

I recall the TB combat was superb, but the game itself was a bit of a snoozer.

Yeah, most sidequests in Homlett (the starting town) are quite dull. Lots of running back and forth speaking with NPCs to resolve their uninteresting problems. Many of the vignettes that play in the beginning (a different one for each alignment) start off promising enough, but they lead to very minor differences in the actual game.

I would definitely recommend the Circle of Eight Mod which adds a new area with an early game quest that is a lot more interesting. Temple+ is also nice (new classes, prestige classes, bugfixes, etc.) Or Keep on the Borderlands mod for a completely new campaign (which at least starts out better than the original).

Sits easily in my top ten list of all time, and it's just as great now as it was the day it launched. A must play for any fan of D&D games, or that enjoy turn based games at all, you'll not be disappointed!

Well I played this game for ten minutes on it's release and decided I hated it. Never looked backed. It's another cult classic that's praised by a small segment of gamer's.

Well I played this game for ten minutes on it's release and decided I hated it. Never looked backed. It's another cult classic that's praised by a small segment of gamer's.

I hated it the first time I played it on release for 30 minutes or so. I stuck with it and it's one of the few games I will replay every few years.

Yep were supposed to praise every subpar RPG and keep our mouth shut if we don't on this board. So typical JDR post ranting about my post was a shit-post. Just another day.
I hated it the first time I played it on release for 30 minutes or so. I stuck with it and it's one of the few games I will replay every few years.
Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for targeting my post.:highfive:

It obliviously bothered you.:biggrin:

It's gonna be ok, tater-head. I ordered you another box for Christmas. ;)

butthurt.jpg

Wish I had your address so I could kick your ass Mr Keyboard warrior.

That's how much I despise you.:biggrin:

Definitely the best 3.5e combat simulator out there. Gets better once you get out of Homlet. I’ve probably played through this with different builds five or six times. Co8 mod is essential.

One of those games where the mechanics are better than the module. It was fun to play just for the turn-based combat, but the early bugs were an annoyance. At least I learned from that not to play a game too early after release.

Its really a shame there weren't more games making use of that amazing game engine. Buggy as it was it was also a marvel for D&D tactics.

Easily could have been the new goldbox series and standard; who knows, had it happened it might have even surpassed them. We'll never know, yet at least we get to enjoy and revisit these gaming marvels.

I see the mice have been at play. Let's not make a fuss about it, but threatening to visit each other's homes to batter them is just a tad over the line, so no more of that, please. I'm hoping JDR hasn't PM'd the address. :p

Unfortunately no I had my foot on the gas pedal waiting.:p

Also looks like someone snitched. Remember snitches get stitches.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom