Elex 2 Elex 2 Discussion

Whoa, 16gb ram recommended, and looks like some other pretty high end requirements. And here I am still on windows 7 on a several years old laptop…lol

Good thing I won't be buying this game for a year or two, after I get a new computer and so on, they will probably have patched and optimized the game by then. Hopefully anyway. :p

Huh, those recommended requirements are actually a pretty close match for my gaming rig. Only difference is the CPU: they want i5, I have i7. Guess I'm ok for Current Year, but if the graphics cards don't come back to Earth soon then I'll have a problem.

I would say the 1070ti is equivalent or even better to the 2060 personally.

Well, we shall see. My CPU is roughly the same as recommended (I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X but it isn't overclocked).

I really think there's room for some optimization here. Those are high recommended specs, indeed.

PB's more recent games were all well optimized on release. I wouldn't be too worried if your system specs are close to the recommended requirements.

Is it cheaper to pre-order, or should we hope for a special deal yet to come?! :)

The 2060 is a 3 1/2 year old card and a 1070 ti or better will run neck and neck with a 2060 in most games. doesn't seem that steep to me unless they are targeting 30 fps instead of 60. I have no problem playing a game at 40-45 fps though.

Not sure when I'll pick this up, I might not if it's not better than Elex 1. I just quite a play through I was doing because I got kinda bored. The factions are pretty bad imo. I don't want to join any of them.

If it's better I may just watch a video of the elex 1 story and ending and go try 2. On the fence.

Is it possible to buy collectors edition for PC? it is not possible in my country.
Edit:
NVM, I found it in a different shop.

Last edited:
Green Man Gaming has a pretty good discount if you're a member. The amount of the discount depends on what tier your membership is though. I'm a Gold tier member and Elex II is -28% ($35.99) for me.

Certainly seems more than reasonable for what's (almost) sure to be a very meaty and high-quality open-world CRPG.

Sounds like the PB fanboys at Gamestar have grown up or moved on from the site.:lol:

So, what's that problem? ;)

Elex wasn't much different than their previous games in those ways. I'm not sure why you suddenly noticed that the writing wasn't great when it was never great in any of their previous games.

As for your other complaints, I just don't agree. Some of the sound FX could have been better, but the music was still really good, and the atmosphere was excellent for the most part. The combat was par for PB. Not as good as in Risen 1 but definitely improved from Risen 2 & 3.

A lot of PB fans simply don't like the setting which is understandable. It's certainly different, but, as a big fan of post-apoc, I loved it. Not saying that's the case with you, but I've seen people try to validate their dislike for the game by claiming certain aspects are poor when they're not, and it really came down to them simply not liking the change from a fantasy setting.

(btw, the game is already only €28.79 on CDKeys.com)

That's average for that site. I could have purchased Dying light 2 for just a few dollars more (normal price is $59.99 vs $49.99 for Elex 2) when I looked at it there a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah...no offense, but you've got some serious nostalgia glasses on when it comes to that aspect.

Not that their writing was ever "bad", but Gothic was no Planescape Torment, and it almost sounds like that's what you're trying to make it out to be.

Hmm. I agree that both Gothic 1 and 2 are amazing games but I'm not sure the story and writing are the reason for that. I played Gothic 2 in german language and while there were some localisation differenences I wouldn't call them large. I did not play Gothic 1 in german so maybe the differences are larger there?

For me, the reason why G1/2 are so brilliant is because of the well designed world that you are really rewarded for exploring. I do agree that Elex is a step down but I did enjoy it more than Risen2/3 and about equal with Risen 1 (which I enjoyed quite a bit).

The big negatives for me was the whole elex crafting thing (i.e. purely a cash sink), the heavy respawning of monsters (and some inventory stocks) and not enough interesting locations to explore - although there were certainly some good ones. There was just too many locations that looked the same and I think it could of used a reduction in area of about 40-50%.

Back
Top Bottom