RIP Meat Loaf

You should imho definitively at least once listen to his "Bat out of hell". It's imho unique.

May he rest in peace.

Damn…it seems like we're losing one every few days lately.

Whenever someone mentioned Meat Loaf, I always thought about his scene in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Well, I guess I know what music I'll be listening to this afternoon. Bat Out of Hell will be must-listen to music for me the next few days, and I'll have to que up Rocky Horror Picture Show at some point, also. RIP and enjoy the bands in the great beyond, I can only imagine the riffs going down with some belting harmonies as well!

And Louie Anderson gone as well. That's quite the double punch, RIP to him as well. I always thought he was pretty funny, and his health has been bad for quite some time, I'm glad he lasted this long.

If you are going to buy only one album then can I suggest "Hits Out of Hell" which came out in 1984 and an expanded version in 2009. The 2009 version includes "I Will Do Anything For Love" which was number 1 in many countries. I have the '84 version - pure magic but not to listen to while driving on empty motorways - fortunately no traffic cops around.

The titles alone are imho pure genius as well - the composer of the songs died last year I think as well ?

Sadly another anti-vaxer who died of COVID.

I've seen some tabloids claim that he died of covid, but afaik that hasn't been confirmed by a credible source. Also, I've never heard that he was an anti-vaxer only that he was opposed to mandates.

Wasn't VAX a computing machine ?

Wasn't VAX a computing machine ?

Actually it was a range of 32-bit super minicomputers known as VAX 11/xxx where the xxx was a number. I remember because the company I worked for got one (VAX 11/750) and I had the misfortune to be the department contact with IT. Very early 80s - IT wanted us off the mainframe since the programmes we ran kept slowing it down - for some reason they thought billing customers was important.

The VAX vacuum cleaner dates from the 1990s and is a horrible orange colour. I have one at the back of a cupboard.

Back
Top Bottom