What games are you playing now?

I have just restarted Arcanum for the third time.

I am happy I continued Arcanum. It was a great game. I felt sad that there wouldn't be a sequel once the end credits started to roll. I almost wanted to play the multiplayer maps just to get some more.

I am happy I continued Arcanum. It was a great game. I felt sad that there wouldn't be a sequel once the end credits started to roll. I almost wanted to play the multiplayer maps just to get some more.

Yeah - there are few games I would persevere like this for ...

Started playing around with Assassin's Creed a little bit. I grabbed it on Black Friday for only $9.99.

I must say I'm sort of impressed, the game plays a lot better than I thought it would. I was skeptical due to the mixed reviews I had seen, but I'm having a pretty good time so far.

My only gripe is the silly backstory.

@JDR13: What I heard about the game you're playing is that it is quite good, but becomes repetitive. After some time it feels like you have seen it all and not worth to play it anymore. Let us know if you feel the same about it after some time of playing the game.

NWN2: Storm of Zehir. When I have free time and a will to play at all and I have it only during (some) weekends now.. But I'm looking forward to Christmas holidays. More time to play, more time to immerse into Forgotten Realms :).

Well, I am playing several games at once now simply because I do not know where to put my focus. I have placed TR:Underworld on halt for a moment so I have tried out Call of Duty 5, Far Cry 2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, none of which really got me excited. Then I played the tutorial of The Witcher, and that did get me excited, but I have promised myself to keep away from Witcher until the 18th when my christmas holliday truly begins.

Playing Football Manager 2008 (with downloaded tactics as I simply cant tune my tactics right in this version:(). I am a bit annoyed by the unrealistic lack of tackling and ridiculous amount of successful "pinball" passes. I can play for 90 minutes without my midfielders making a single tackle!!! This is very annoying as the tactics I favour in real life are based on tenacious midfielders grinding down the opposition and preventing a serious buildup...

My PC is getting a bit old now, but Im still squeezing every last ounce I can out of it. Since some of the newer titles are too graphic intensive for my PC, I went back and grabbed a few older titles that I missed, and a few that actually run well on my PC. The problem is, along with the games I already owned but didnt play much, I have too many games to choose from and cant get into one of them long enough before I try the next.

Im currently switching between KotR II, Kings Bounty:The Legend, Colonization, GTA: San Andreas, and Civ IV. I also have sitting here Jade Empire, The Witcher, Spore, Arcanum, Europa Universalis III, F.E.A.R, Lego Batman, Oblivion, and Medieval 2, and Divine Divinity Probably a few more. I just saw that there is an english demo for Drakensang, which definitely bears looking into.

I also picked up Gothic II Gold. I played vanilla Gothic II up to chapter 3, then stopped playing it. I really wasnt having much fun with it, although Gothic I is one of my favorite games of all time without a doubt, quite possibly my favorite ever. However, I might have playing wrong for me, since in the original Gothic I played as a Mage, but in G2 I went the paladin route. I figured Id get the add-on and start over, but go as a mage this time.

That along with the simulation sports leagues Im in, and Im spending alot of time on too many games, and am unable to get sucked into any of them. Any suggestions on which game to stick with? Im leaning towards G2 again at this point.

Just as a machine reference, the PC Im playing on plays all of the games well, except maybe Oblivion (but I can play no problem with lowered settings and have actually played through a few of those hell gate things already). The Witcher seemed to run good during the game itself, but the load times were unbelievably unbearable. I understand that the enhanced edition speeds up load times, but on my old PC, Im still not sure thats going to make a difference. I havent tried.

Asheron's Call
Sacred 2
The Witcher
NWN2
Dwarf Fortress
BioShock

Yes, I'm juggling all those at once.

@JDR13: What I heard about the game you're playing is that it is quite good, but becomes repetitive. After some time it feels like you have seen it all and not worth to play it anymore. Let us know if you feel the same about it after some time of playing the game.

Well I'm a bit further into the game now, and I can confirm that Assassin's Creed is definitely a blast to play. (Why didn't I get this game sooner?!) The graphics are simply incredible, I'd say they're on par with Gothic 3 on maximum settings, and the sound\BGM is excellent as well.

Climbing and exploring in the cities\towns is a lot of fun, and even though I can understand how some people might feel it's repetitive, I don't find myself ever getting tired of it. The controls are somewhat Tomb Raider-like, a lot of jumping, climbing, hanging, diving, etc. Although I find it to be far more fluid than TR ever was.

It's hard to believe this came from the same studio that coughed up Far Cry 2.

I have spent the last few days with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky. All in all, playing Clear Sky compared to Shadows of Chernobyl (the original game) is like playing the same game a second time. The areas are pretty much the same, except for the area you begin in I think. The factions are the same, the weapons are the same, everything is the exact same. Except for the story, which isn't particulary exciting, and then there's this faction system so you can actually join factions now, gain their trust etc. I would say that doesn't really matter though.

So why am I even playing it? Well, I cannot deny that the atmosphere in S.T.A.L.K.E.R absolutely beats pretty much everything else on the market. I even begun to remove every other light in the room (including flipping down my G15 keyboard) just to be absorbed in it.

... Have been digging out Championsheep Rally again.

A nice and decent game with some funny parts. :)

Down in the lower depths of Durlag's Tower, everything else is done, all that i have to do is beat this part of the game and run back to BG to kill Sarevok and I'm done. As much as I'm still repeatedly impressed w/ the quality of baldur's gate as a game, the graphics are pretty awesome for it's time, the npcs, the setpieces, I love the entire game -I'm more than ready for it to be over already. I'm dying to install BG2, and this first part just will. not. die.

Speaking of death, I've also faced more of it during this little vacation to Durlag's than I have the entire course of the game. Good Lord of the Tigers, some of the fights (such as the 4 wards) took me like 10-15 tries, and had I not had oil of speed, I may not have been able to pull it off. I normally dont use the buff potions, but Ive had to use them a few times now. Oh glot, those greater wyverns lol.

Ive seen my gaming life flash before my eyes several times in this expansion, and I havent even hit the boss yet. Cant wait

I guess now that I'm seeing the downside of rolling w/ no wizard, I put Safana in that slot. Her damage is a great consistent helper for everyday mobs, when it comes to the "big fights" I'm really starting to lament the absence of a high-powered caster. My crew right now is Paladin Sammy, Khalid, Jaheira, Branwen, Imoen, and Safana

Last edited:
Speaking of death, I've also faced more of it during this little vacation to Durlag's than I have the entire course of the game. Good Lord of the Tigers, some of the fights (such as the 4 wards) took me like 10-15 tries, and had I not had oil of speed, I may not have been able to pull it off. I normally dont use the buff potions, but Ive had to use them a few times now. Oh glot, those greater wyverns lol.

Lol reading your post brings back a lot of fond memories Sammy. Indeed Durlag's Tower was a real b*tch at times. I actually thought the Isle of Werewolves was just as hard though.

Buff potions are a necessity, not an option, in some parts of TotSC.

I guess now that I'm seeing the downside of rolling w/ no wizard, I put Safana in that slot. Her damage is a great consistent helper for everyday mobs, when it comes to the "big fights" I'm really starting to lament the absence of a high-powered caster. My crew right now is Paladin Sammy, Khalid, Jaheira, Branwen, Imoen, and Safana.

Tough way to go. I like to have Dynaheir in my party in BG1, as well as dual-classing Imoen into a thief\mage.

Medieval 2 - Total War

Just started playing this one, and I'm enjoying it so far. Battles look really cool, but I'm having some path-finding problems. Sometimes cavalry units have trouble getting inside a city through it's main gate. No idea why. But overall it's cool. But what I'd really like is a Shogun 2 : Total War. Hmm, maybe after Empire.

Woah. Killed the Durlag's Tower boss on first try!

I guess after fighting so many multiples, fighting one high-powered opponent was a step down for my crew, we totally owned him. Looked away, looked back and all there was left was a shield laying there on the ground! I thought maybe he ran and hid or somethin ='.'=

All in all, Durlag's was a great dungeon and a good treasure haul, kinda a shame now that I'm pretty much done w/ the game and have all this killer new equipment.

I am currently playing Silent Hill: Homecoming. I have played all games of the series, including Orphan on mobile and Origins on PSP. Since Silent Hill 2, the feel of the game simply haven't been there for me, even if I found SH4 far more creepy than SH3 and Origins (SH "0"). SH5 (homecoming) converts the game into an action game, following the lead of the Resident Evil frenchise, and the game end up rather unsatisfying for me. The psychology and the emotion is gone. Furthermore, it's a quite frustrating game. In one sequence I had to defeat eight difficult monsters and a swarm of bugs before I could save again. I had to replay that part over and over again like six times and was ready to give up towards the end. I will probably finish it anyway though. I am about 40% through.

In addition to a couple of great singleplayer games, I'm playing a MUD!
Yes! A MUD! One called "ZombieMUD" and it has been great fun so far,
surprisingly so. It's basically a medieval fantasy hack n slash mud with some nice features thrown in there. The people there have been really nice and I haven't even seen any of those butt-munches that normally infest internet rpg's. Oh.. and there seems to be at least a hundred persons online at all times, and as bots and multiple-accounts are forbidden, I believe all of those are actual people. That's a lot for a mud nowadays.

And playing a mud is so geeky that it makes you feel good no matter what

Last edited:
I love MUD's they are the pinnacle of real roleplaying, and the only game were you can truly roleplay well!

That said ZombieMUD is not exactly famous for roleplaying. I played and loved one for 7 years, until it was closed down because people became tooo crazy about it!

Back
Top Bottom