Gothic 3 Reputation in Ben Erai

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
Seems it impossible to reach 75% reputation here if you want to play the nice guy, so it does not seem you can let Hurit be or set the slaves free.

I have ran all quests that I can do and I still only have 35 in reputation.

When you support the Hashishin you can't support the nomads as well. Unlike in Myrtana, the quests crash more, so you can't reach 75% in all cities without killing certain quest nomads. You can get 75% in most cities though, like Mora Sul and Bakaresh(the two where it's really important) without killing any quest giving nomads.

What reasons do I have to pick he Nomads or the Hashishin? I realise that the Nomads are the "good guys".

Beware the pull of the Dark Side!! :biggrin:

I will surely option for the Nomad's and my old Water Mage friends anyway, just wondered if it have any vital effect on the main plot. :)

Yes they do, they are the involed in Neutral Ending, which really isn't a spoiler since they worship Adinos. ;)

Also I believe in at least one of the other endings a Water Mages must be stopped.

If you want spoilers, let me know, otherwise I won't reveal anything.

Yeah it seems as if it doesn't really matter if you get to 75 in some towns as there is no benifit at least I can tell, no new quest or anything.
Its not like Swampweed is cheaper if you get a 75 in Lago. ;)

I try to ccmplete everything possible before doing endings, just so you know I was only guessing about the endings and the parts the Watermages play. :)

If you want spoilers, let me know, otherwise I won't reveal anything.

No need to spoil the ending completely, but it would be good if I knew what I can do that may actually have any significant effect on the ending.

So here's some major Questions:
1. When should I feel safe about liberating/suppressing the cities?
2. Do I need to liberate/suppress all cities to get the outmost ending for the side I have picked?
3. Do I need to find the fifth artifact for the "best" ending?
4. Do I need to talk to the leader of the Hashishin (Zubar?) for a "good" ending?
5. Do I need to talk to the leader of the Orcs (in Faring) for a "good" ending?
6. Do I need to talk to the leader of the Nomads for a "good" ending?
7. Where is the leader of the Nomads?
8. Is there a nomad uprising in Ben Erai, in that case who leads it?
9. Is there a nomad uprising in Mora Sul, in that case who leads it?
10. Is there a rebel uprising in Faring, in that case who leads it?

I have "prepared" most cities. In theory it would be possible to use my savegame to take the side of Orcs/Hashishin as well as Humans/Nomads at will, it's just a question of "finishing" each city the way you like.

Liberated:
Ardea (100), Cap Dun (100), Gotha (0) and Vengard (80).

Ready to liberate/supress when I give the signal:
Silden (90), Geldern (90), Montera (75), Braga (70), Lago (60) and Bakaresh (95)

Unfinished:
Trelis (88)/Nemora (80) just needs 4 more bundles of weapons.

Not found an uprising to support:
Ben Erai, Mora Sul, Ben Sala or Faring.

Not visited:
Ishtar or Nordmar.

I will try to answer all questions as good as possible:
1. When should I feel safe about liberating/suppressing the cities?
- Whenever you want. Just beware that if you want to follow Beliar, you have to get 75% with Hashshin, and if you want to follow Innos you can't support the orcs as well.

2. Do I need to liberate/suppress all cities to get the outmost ending for the side I have picked?
- Nope. You can finish the game without liberating/suppressing any city at all. In most cases this is done to get reputation, loot and xp. The most valuable is reputation, but there is no need to help out all cities.

3. Do I need to find the fifth artifact for the "best" ending?
- You need it for all endings.

4. Do I need to talk to the leader of the Hashishin (Zubar?) for a "good" ending?
- No, but you certainly need to do something else to him. No need to get into Ishtar the non-violent way though.

5. Do I need to talk to the leader of the Orcs (in Faring) for a "good" ending?
- Not at all. You can complete the game with 0 reputation with orcs. In fact, if you are roleplaying a very good character you probably should keep it as low as possible, although it won't affect the ending itself.

6. Do I need to talk to the leader of the Nomads for a "good" ending?
- Technically, yes, as the leader of the Nomads is Saturas, and he helps you to get one of the artifacts. Other than that quest, there is no need to do anything more for the nomads for the good ending. You can also kill him, take his temple key, and still complete the game the good way.

7. Where is the leader of the Nomads?
- It's the water mage Saturas, located in the ruins south east of Mora Sul.

8. Is there a nomad uprising in Ben Erai, in that case who leads it?
- You can get one of the guards there, a named one standing near Sanches, to start a rebellion. He won't do it for the nomads though, but for gold.

9. Is there a nomad uprising in Mora Sul, in that case who leads it?
- A fellow named Kyrau or something, he is located in a cave north west of Mora Sul, along the mountains there.

10. Is there a rebel uprising in Faring, in that case who leads it?
- Nope, as the capitol city of the orcs, you have to face that one alone. Same goes for Ishtar in the desert. These cities hold the faction leader and you'll be given no help during the assault.

I hope that answers your questions without spoiling too much. Good luck! :)

Wow, lots of good info there Maylaner, thanks. :)

Thanks Maylander. I found Kayar outside Mora Sul. I could not go into Ishtar or visit the Orc leader. Saturas have nothing more to say. With your info I felt safe to begin in Nordmar.

Good luck then! Be sure to save a lot there, as death can approach a lot faster than other places.

Back
Top Bottom