Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Trailer

Yeah i'm not gonna take the screens, or even videos the least seriously this time around :D It'll be a kick ass game i'm sure. Glad i bought a 1080ti recently gonna look awesome on the OLED.
1080 Ti here too, but NVIDIA's next gen will probably be out before this game comes out, and pretty sure that's what we'll want for this game, not a 1080 Ti.

Have they said anywhere whether they're targeting the current or next generation consoles? That will tell a story about the graphics.

Has to be the current gen of consoles, it sounds like they are already deep in production of course, and also they told investors long ago it would be out by 2019. I'm not saying that release date will hold, but there was never any new generation of consoles planned to be out by then, so they couldn't have been planning for that.

Have they said anywhere whether they're targeting the current or next generation consoles? That will tell a story about the graphics.

"Next gen hasn’t been announced yet, so we can only speculate. Technology-wise, Cyberpunk is very advanced. Our technology is ready to interface with future generation".

It seems they are currently planning for this gen.

1080 Ti here too, but NVIDIA's next gen will probably be out before this game comes out, and pretty sure that's what we'll want for this game, not a 1080 Ti.

I'm sure 1080ti will be more than enough for 4K, 60FPS. It's being developed for current gen consoles and PC. The new cards from nivida will not be released for quite a while according to nvidia.

I'm sure they're targeting the current gen too, not the next. It would be crazy to develop with current hardware, then having to adapt or convert/port to the new gen.

I'm sure 1080ti will be more than enough for 4K, 60FPS. It's being developed for current gen consoles and PC. The new cards from nivida will not be released for quite a while according to nvidia.

I'm sure they're targeting the current gen too, not the next.
1080 Ti wasn't even enough for 4K / 60 fps on games like DA:I and Witcher 3, at max settings of course. (Maybe just barely, for W3, if you turned off the hair.) No way it'll be anywhere close on Cyberpunk 2077.

Also, I think "quite a while" from NVIDIA means late this year or early next year. ie: well before Cyberpunk 2077 is out.

Not that I'm complaining about having to upgrade again… Used GTX 1080 Ti's are still selling for more than I bought mine for new, over a year ago. It won't be too bad.

Last edited:
1080 Ti wasn't even enough for 4K / 60 fps on games like DA:I and Witcher 3, at max settings of course. (Maybe just barely, for W3, if you turned off the hair.) No way it'll be anywhere close on Cyberpunk 2077.

Also, I think "quite a while" from NVIDIA means late this year or early next year. ie: well before Cyberpunk 2077 is out.

Not that I'm complaining about having to upgrade again… Used GTX 1080 Ti's are still selling for more than I bought mine for new, over a year ago. It won't be too bad.

Witcher 3 plays fine in 57-60 FPS, 3840x2160 on highest for me. If i turn off hair it's steady 60. Yes mining has really upped the prices for these cards, I still got a few months to go before i've earned the coins to basically getting it for free. It will be interesting to see what kind of performance they can achieve in a city based game opposed to nature + probably tons of tweaks to the engine.. way too early to tell. They can't make it a lot more demanding than Witcher 3 since it still only plays @ 30 FPS on PS4 pro!

We sat down at E3 to witness 50 minutes of stunning gameplay. Jaws dropped at the ultraviolence. Eyeballs sprang out on stalks. Ears burned at the spicy language. And afterwards we jabbered out mouths off in excitement at what we’d just witness. Holy. Guacamole. The wait has been justified. The hype tame in comparison to reality. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a game changer.

Another hyper positive preview: https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/12/cy...c-bombs-bullet-time-everything-know-gameplay/

This one mentions they've added a ton of destructive environment and hugely improved gameplay/dialogue transition ( no more fade to black, woo-hoo!)
You also have companions ( possibly only one at the time). Seems like opposite of Bioware: Sex comes before relationship. ;)

Well, at least I don't mind sex scenes in first person. :p

I'm assuming that's with Hairworks off, because there's no way you're getting 60 FPS with Hairworks @4k

Like i wrote, 57-60 FPS with hairworks on, constant 60 with it on off.

(i5 8600K @5GHz, 1080ti vcore and mem are both overclocked too, but not in the extreme)

"Cyberpunk is more Deus Ex than Witcher III":

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/cyberpunk-2077-interview-1202843596/

It’s impossible to avoid comparisons to Square Enix’s recent “Deus Ex” games and Starbreeze’s 2012 “Syndicate.” However, with full customization at your fingertips, “Cyberpunk 2077” is set up to reflect more of the player than those games.

Interesting, you'll also be able to constantly hack into people to gain info/resolve quests/etc. Plug in with a cable, literally ( into anyone who has cyberware).

From another journo:

Cyberpunk 2077 is legit. I can’t even imagine this being current gen. Like holy shit. It’s like Deus Ex + Crysis + Witcher at a scale and level of detail that I’ve never seen. It’s the kind of game I’ve dreamt of for ages. That was one hell of an hour.

Like i wrote, 57-60 FPS with hairworks on, constant 60 with it on off.

(i5 8600K @5GHz, 1080ti vcore and mem are both overclocked too, but not in the extreme)
Well, the 8600K is 6-core instead of 4-core, so perhaps that helps some over the 4-cores we were using back when most of us were playing the game.

IIRC, my system was more like 50 fps with everything maxxed and hair on. i7 6700K + 1080 Ti. Nothing overclocked, although my 1080 Ti is an EVGA SC2, with some overclock from the factory.

In any case, I don't think we'll be getting anywhere near 60 fps with Cyberpunk 2077 at max settings. (With a 1080 Ti)

This could be indication of default appearance main characters ( cosplay)

DfhdHPPVQAENj6w.jpg

Eh? Is it me or the guy looks like Geralt ( I know this one is famous for it).

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-everything-we-learned-from-the-jam-packed-e3-demo/

There's loads of interactivity in the environments.
Both in and out of combat, there were many ways we could mess with the environment. Out in the open world, for example, advertisements for products could be touched, giving you a market on your HUD where that item could be purchased. We used that to buy some soda from a vending machine that would heal us over time.

In combat we saw light destructible elements in certain areas. When fighting a boss character in an exo-suit, for example, V shot a lift holding a car to drop it to ground level, creating some on-the-fly cover to hide behind.

Well, the 8600K is 6-core instead of 4-core, so perhaps that helps some over the 4-cores we were using back when most of us were playing the game.

IIRC, my system was more like 50 fps with everything maxxed and hair on. i7 6700K + 1080 Ti. Nothing overclocked, although my 1080 Ti is an EVGA SC2, with some overclock from the factory.

In any case, I don't think we'll be getting anywhere near 60 fps with Cyberpunk 2077 at max settings. (With a 1080 Ti)

Again, they can't make it too demanding for this generation of consoles. PS4 Pro can only handle Witcher 3 in 30 FPS in 4K.. But yeah, who knows, they might include even higher settings for PC this time. 1080ti will still be an extremely powerful card even when the next generation of cards is released, just like 980ti is still a very good card to this date.

"Cyberpunk is more Deus Ex than Witcher III":

Certainly nothing wrong with that. I've always said I'd like to see Deus Ex in a large open world. Mankind Divided gave us a taste of what that can be like, but it was on a much smaller scale than what I expect Cyberpunk is going to be, and it didn't have driveable vehicles, etc.

Back
Top Bottom