Gothic 3 How many hours/days spent?

lanux128

Sentinel
after about 1½ months, i'm still in the midst of playing and nowhere near finishing even though i put in an average 3 hours a day on weekdays and 5hrs on weekends. so i was wondering how much time do you guys spent when you set down to play Gothic3?

I've completed it about 8-9 times now, I probably put 75-100 hours into each run. Keep in mind that I know all quests and locations though. I have no idea how much time I spent on my first run through it.

yes, an entire month but not the whole month.. :) (22days x 3hours) + (8days x 5hours) = 106hours.. a rough estimate, but of course this includes reloads which in my case takes some time..

i guess Maylander is really serious about Gothic then.. i wish i had that much time to spend on Gothic3..

Gothic 3 is, without question, my most played game in 2007, with the possible exception of WoW. I roughly have 5-6 hours of gaming during weekdays, and 10-12 during weekends, so I usually spend about two weeks completing Gothic 3. Having completed it around 8-9 times means 16-18 weeks spent playing it since it came out nearly a year ago. That is fairly accurate. There's still 40 weeks spent playing other games (NWN2, BG1-2, PS:T, etc).

Gaming is pretty much my only hobby (and reading, actually), and the only thing I do outside of work. In Norway we don't have the "stay at work all day" mentality; we work 8-16 (4pm) and go straight home. Due to this, our 8 hours at work are nothing but hard work, there's no social stuff, relaxing etc. 30 minute lunch and 7,5 hours of hard work is the average day for someone in Norway.

The development company I work for is a global one, and I know that US employees in the same job as me spend about 50% more time at work than I do, but they have a solid community at work and eat dinner, do social stuff and so on and so forth during work hours.

We do get the same job done though, we just have a different setup. :)

Of topic: In Belgium a lot of jobs are the same as Maylander describes, though the higher you get the longer you'll work. For me personally is it sth in between: I have a gliding system meaning that I have to show up for 8h a day and when I do overtime, I can recuperate it. I can start at 7am, but I can also choose to show up at 9.30 am. Also for me it is really eight hours unlike for you Maylander. The half hour we get isn't included. We can take longer lunchbreakes, but this means you'll have to work longer.

On topic: I don't know exactly how many hours I spend on this game. The first time I finished the game, I was getting bored at the end and certainly didn't do all the missions like in the beginning. I mean by this that I try to play every mission as long as possible for all the sides -> I don't liberate towns nor finish of the rebel camps, but I do all the sidequests for both.
Rougly said I think 150h is what I spend on the first try

Back
Top Bottom