Shadowrun: Dragonfall - SNES Mod Content Complete

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Shadowrun: Dragonfall has a new mod worth checking out that has recreated the SNES Shadowrun from Data East. The mod is in beta but content complete.

[...]
The modder recommends players use the default character, however they can also import or make their own. In case players create their own character, they will gain access to magic stuff by unlocking them via the game’s plot. Currently, there are no places to buy spells or spirits. Moreover, players are limited to a rebar pipe or a pistol in the first portion of the game.

Those interested can subscribed to Shadowrun SNES Reboot’s Workshop page and download it. Do note that you will need a copy of Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Geeked’s “portraits and props” mod.

Have fun!

UPDATE:

As our reader ‘Sabin Figaro’ noted, this latest beta version of Shadowrun SNES Reboot is playable beginning to end.
More information.

Nice I had seen the mod a long time ago, but didn't closely follow it since then.

Since I never played the SNES version, this might be worth a try.

Congrats to the mod team!

I don't quite remember if I played the SNES or Genesis game. In which one do you wake up in a morgue?

I don't quite remember if I played the SNES or Genesis game. In which one do you wake up in a morgue?

Planescape: Torment :p

Hmm, the article says it is not content complete. But it's a nice idea and hopefully adds some replay value.

Good to know about, thanks for posting Silver. I'd definitely have a look at this.

The SNES game was my introduction to the Shadowrun setting back in mid '93 or so.
I remember renting it with a friend and stayed over at his place, playing for as long as we could over a weekend.

I'm getting close to the conclusion of my Shadowrun: Hong Kong play-through. Unfortunately I'm not enjoying it as much as Dragonfall or Shadowrun Returns and have encountered a couple of fairly significant bugs. One involved some quest scripting (forcing a replay of a level or two) while the second was a pretty nasty character replacement bug where my main character entirely disappeared! Looking to finish up the trilogy over the coming few days.

Back
Top Bottom