Dragon Commander

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch
I've had this on my Ds for a while, anyone played this? There are no guides as far as I could find, seems game wasn't really popular.
But it seems pretty interesting with it's mix of rpg/dialogue/RTS.
Some advice would be welcome!

I played it via early access; but haven't put a lot of time into the final product. Larian thought it would be the wave of their future and fund future rpg but it was a bomb. The rts aspect which is key to the game is pretty weak. Upon release they quickly walked away from the project to hide their heads in shame.
-
I might play the final version one day but i might not - the concept originated because they thought people liked flying as a dragon in DKS (I was not one of those people) - anyway i digress but it is always amusing how companies mis-read their potential product line (they didn't think d:eek:s would be the bread winner).

I played it when it released. There is some card game elements, RTS map combat, TB overland movements and RPGish C&C and character building.

As for advices, doing all the combat yourself save you units, pay attention to the factions to not piss them all off or you will run out of "people" on combat maps which means you can't build anything (stuff is generated all the time unless you run out of citizen). Also, once you can build juggernaut you won (you can nuke all the things).

I played this for a bit. It's quite underwhelming in my opinion. The only fun part are the minor rpg elements in my opinion. Everything else seems like they are bad versions of those genres.

The rts is like a bad rts game with just the battle elements.

The dragon thing is like a bad flight simulator.

The strategic map has very little to it.

I'd recommend playing another game or play for a few hours to say you've played it. I doubt you'd like it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I played it when it released. There is some card game elements, RTS map combat, TB overland movements and RPGish C&C and character building.

As for advices, doing all the combat yourself save you units, pay attention to the factions to not piss them all off or you will run out of "people" on combat maps which means you can't build anything (stuff is generated all the time unless you run out of citizen). Also, once you can build juggernaut you won (you can nuke all the things).

So "easy mode" ( for beginners) is just research dragon/solo abilities and invest in things, other than units.

Is game ending when you've conquered everything?

So "easy mode" ( for beginners) is just research dragon/solo abilities and invest in things, other than units.

You still need to research some units, you need them for overland movements.

To end the game, I had to check online to remember anything outside defeat dude 1 and dude 2. It's about seizing capitals, so you don't need to seize all the countries (because not all countries have a capital).

I found it decent enough. Not something I'll be going back to anytime soon though.

The game has a campaign where you go through a few different strategic maps, and conquer everything.

As for the game itself, it has an interesting concept, but none of the pieces fits together quite as well as they should. It tries to do a lot of things, but does none particularly well, so in the end. The concept does help make it a bit interesting at least.

If I remember it correctly (been some time):

You can not really solo this with the dragon, but yes, focusing on the dragon is a valid strategy. But do not completely neglect your troops.

On custom scenarios, the game ends when everything is conquered (there may have been additional victory conditions, I forgot). For the campaign, the main map "changes", so once you conquer the first, you transfer to the next.

It was a quite unique mix, and fun for me, but I prefered the Dragon Knight Saga.

Back
Top Bottom