Fallout: NV - Total Conversion Mod Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
DSOG reports that a total conversion mod for Fallout: New Vegas has been announced:

Fallout 4 New Vegas Total Conversion Mod Announced, First Pre-Alpha Gameplay Footage Revealed

Obsidian’s Fallout: New Vegas is considered by many as one of the best modern Fallout games. So I’m pretty sure that a lot of gamers will be happy to know that a team of modders is working on a total conversion mod to bring its world to Fallout 4. Yeap, Fallout 4 New Vegas is a thing, and below you can find its first pre-alpha gameplay video.

The team has not revealed any ETA on when this mod will hit the Internet. As it claimed, this mod will require a massive number of assets. Moreover, its level design team continues to work at the starting areas of Fallout: New Vegas in and around Goodsprings. This basically means that the mod is still in early stages, so don’t expect it any time soon.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Wake me in 5 years when this is done; if that EVER happens :D

But...why? Fallout:NV is already good looking enough. I can understand for example Morrowind in Skyrim engine (although to me that's not exactly necessary either), but this? Nah.

Seems like a foolhardy project to me. They're trying to rework a game with robust and complex dialogue (one in which Obsidian themselves had to cobble together a separate dialogue system to work in tandem with the clunky Gamebryo engine) into what is indisputably not simply the least RPG Fallout game, but the least RPG Bethesda title to date.

Save yourselves the headache, guys: don't.

If Skywind is any indication, we'll see this mod in 10 years to never.

I think there is benefit to the modders/developers to learn a lot of things which hopefully pays off to the community in other ways later. But honestly the amount of effort to polish it to point of release is very much not worth it.

I think there is benefit to the modders/developers to learn a lot of things which hopefully pays off to the community in other ways later. But honestly the amount of effort to polish it to point of release is very much not worth it.

Agreed, but to tackle something so ambititious? The amount of TC mods that are actually finished are pretty few as far I know, personally I can only name a few really successful ones like FFH, Nehrim and CS. And those were successful because they were basically new games built on an old one, not a recreation of older games.

I think this mod is a good idea because the FO4 engine is better, with better combat (and graphics).

Back
Top Bottom