Two Worlds II - Echoes of the Past 2 DLC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new DLC for Two Worlds II called 'Echoes of the Past 2' has been released on Steam.

Your Two Worlds II multiplayer adventure continues in "Echoes of the Dark Past II": Three brand new domains await you, each with two unique paths, for a total of six never-before-seen maps to explore!

Deep in the desert, a bloody conflict is brewing, and you must choose a side! Join either the Vanderbilt mercenaries or the Veneficus University expedition, each with their own unique quests, and unlock additional multiplayer maps depending on your choice!
Desert Storm

Fight desert demons, hordes of the undead, and a crazed cannibal clan in the biggest Two Worlds II multiplayer map yet!
The Tenebrae Passage

Join the crooked magician, Mendel, as you scour the old Tenebrae tunnels and clash with the Vanderbilt mercenaries, fighting your way deep underground to an ancient Tenebrae tomb.
The Tenebrae Tunnels

Side with Victor and the Vanderbilts, go to war against Mendel and the Veneficus mages, and help the mercenaries infiltrate the old tomb before the wizards do.
Sanctuary of Sama'El

Help the Veneficus mages fight their way through the Tenebrae tomb, but when they make a final, desperate decision, whose side will you choose?
Sepulchre of Sama'El

Continue your adventure with the Vanderbilts, as you attempt to save the ancient tomb from destruction while facing a powerful ally… or a deadly adversary, depending on your decisions.
Desert Storm: Team Deathmatch

Return to the endless desert and duke it out against other players or desert monsters in the largest Team Deathmatch map in Antaloor's history, four times bigger than any other multiplayer map!
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Why are they still making expansions for this game? Get to work on Two Worlds 3!

Why are they still making expansions for this game? Get to work on Two Worlds 3!

They are making expansions hoping to make money to be able to make a 3rd game...

TW2 itself was not too bad, although not really brilliant. The DLCs, well, the Flying Fortress thing was kinda OK. Deteriorating, but still playable.

But the one after that, Call of the Tenebrae, was a travesty I wish I never even tried. It was horrible. Never finished it. Certainly, I'll not buy another DLC for that game. CotT was a joke. Stupid story. Stupid quests. Stupid Characters. Stupid cash grab.

Why is this company even still a thing? Have they released anything that wasn't a disappointment?

Their games are crap, but unique and ambitious. They have a 'so bad its good' charm.

TW2 itself was not too bad, although not really brilliant. The DLCs, well, the Flying Fortress thing was kinda OK. Deteriorating, but still playable.

I feel the opposite. Pirates of the Flying Fortress was better than the main game.

These games were always budget Elders Scroll clones. Both games provided many hours of entertainment that I can't say to many negative things about them.

Though after the parent company court case and Vendetta Curse of Ravens Cry their reputation is in shambles, I don't see them recovering gamers goodwill anytime soon.

It's a shame as they had a few other games that been canceled.

I rather liked the first Two Worlds. I appreciated the freedom offered in character development, as I recall, and I do like sandbox games. The second one? Not so much.

Though after the parent company court case and Vendetta Curse of Ravens Cry their reputation is in shambles, I don't see them recovering gamers goodwill anytime soon.

It's not like they had a reputation to begin with. Two Worlds 1 is often considered one of the worst games ever created.

It's not like they had a reputation to begin with. Two Worlds 1 is often considered one of the worst games ever created.

That's news to me. I've never seen it on any lists of the worst games ever created. It's got plenty to keep it off of such lists.

Yeah, Two Worlds wasn't that bad especially for back then when there were so few open-world RPGs to choose from. It was like a mix between Oblivion and Gothic but the poor man's version of those games.

I dont know about worst game ever (2 worlds 1 was not that bad), but the Call of the Tenebrae expansion might be a contender for worst expansion ever. Certainly one of the worst expansions I ever played. Probably worse than Gothic III Forsaken Gods.

Yeah, Two Worlds wasn't that bad especially for back then when there were so few open-world RPGs to choose from. It was like a mix between Oblivion and Gothic but the poor man's version of those games.
For all I remember it's was yet another trashmobs respawner. As such wasn't nor will ever be even close to Gothic.

What's perhaps worse in this story is that I received it for free as bonus for preordering Raven's Cry yet there was absolutely no chance I ever install that thing - I remember searching for no respawn mod like crazy and it was never made.

And now they make more respawns DLC?
They are making expansions hoping to make money to be able to make a 3rd game…
To make a new grinder? Good luck with that.

Not a bad game, but I'm surprised there's a large enough fan base to justify producing DLC for it 8 years after release.

I mean is anyone here even interested in it?

The game was nothing special really, but it's post release support is one-of-a-kind!
I won't lie, never seen anything quite like it. They should send in Danny O'Dwyer to investigate.

Not a bad game, but I'm surprised there's a large enough fan base to justify producing DLC for it 8 years after release.

I mean is anyone here even interested in it?
Depends I'm still waiting for the Shattered Embrace expansion. They also announced development of Two Worlds 3 started in 2016, but it has been months with no update.

Back
Top Bottom