Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition - Released - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition - Released

Default Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition - Released

March 19th, 2021, 01:03
Soulslike Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition has been released on Steam.

loading…

Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition is a challenging action role playing game set in a world of dark fantasy. Step into the shoes of Couriers, as they discover the tale behind the mysterious Dark Mist.

A World Without Light

The Colossus, mysterious creatures that dispelled the Dark Mist that once engulfed the land of Solas, has fallen. As Couriers, you will explore various handcrafted locales in this intriguing world full of secrets, hidden mysteries, and stories. The veiled truth of Solas awaits your discovery…

Hardcore Combat Experience

Master five unique, powerful, and versatile characters each with their own distinctive combat styles for a rich and incredibly challenging experience. The dark forces you face are relentless and cunning, the bosses will put your planning, reflexes, and determination to the ultimate test.

(An optional, more accessible "Casual Mode" is also available.)

Hardcore Combat Experience
Master five unique, powerful, and versatile characters each with their own distinctive combat styles for a rich and incredibly challenging experience. The dark forces you face are relentless and cunning, the bosses will put your planning, reflexes, and determination to the ultimate test.

(An optional, more accessible "Casual Mode" is also available.)

Humanity's Story in the Darkness

Centuries ago, the sun sank into the sea, leading to the Dark Mist enveloping the lands. At the same time, great, towering beings began to appear. These were the Colossus. They brought light to the areas surrounding them and in turn, humanity found its last and only refuge.

Thousands of years after the Colossi appeared, a mysterious illness beset these creatures of the light and they began to fall…

Following the trail of the falling Colossi, Terrence the Courier and his companions embark on an arduous journey. They will encounter figures benevolent and evil, seal or witness their fate, and unveil the truth behind the dark world.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

March 19th, 2021, 12:08
The title is appealing. But is this pretentiousness for the sake of pretentiousness or is there anything deeper here?

Elwro

Filthy Codex Spy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 19th, 2021, 12:12
Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
The title is appealing. But is this pretentiousness for the sake of pretentiousness or is there anything deeper here?
A formally mobile only game with some small levels and a bit buggy atm. It might be okay and worth a look at a discount. I'm not sure how the game actually plays.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
+1:

March 19th, 2021, 15:22
I played the original mobile game and it was ok. Ambitious for a mobile game but suffered from mobile limitations, particularly the control scheme. So it might be better as a PC game, but I wouldn't go in expecting anything with the quality of Dark Souls.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 19th, 2021, 17:02
Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
Sounds a bit pretentious, to me. But if the game is about how Pascal's Wager falls to bits when you start to think about it, I might be interested.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

March 19th, 2021, 17:06
So it's a ported mobile game that just means my interest is now diminished.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

March 19th, 2021, 22:55
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
A formally mobile only game with some small levels and a bit buggy atm. It might be okay and worth a look at a discount. I'm not sure how the game actually plays.
I gave it a try, and it's not very good imo. It feels like a clunky Dark Souls but with worse writing and voice acting. It's also easy to tell that the textures were upscaled from a much lower reolution.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition - Released