Skyrim - v1.5 Released, Modding Podcast

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Skyrim v1.5 has been officially released - a reminder of the features (console versions coming):
UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)
NEW FEATURES
  • New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
  • New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
  • Shadows on grass available (PC)
  • Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
  • Improved visual transition when going underwater
  • Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
...and the latest Bethsoft Podcast focuses on modding, including discussing the new Workshop Collections on Steam.
More information.

And it seems the shadows are now 2D, breaking 3D Vision and probably other S3D solutions.

Considering the number of bugs yet again, one wonders does Bethesda only look for fatal errors in the beta patch feedback? The way it looks now, the beta patches are really alpha patches, and the regular pushed Steam patches are being used like betas on the captive Steam community…

Last edited:
You guys did back up your files before allowing Steam to do the update, right?

Unfortunatly not. I hadn't had any major problems with the game until this patch so I neglected to do so. I guess the game was never advertised to be 3d so I can't complain to much. Don't understand why they would change the shadows now. If its for shadows on grass that seems like such a minor thing to add. Were people really clamoring for that.

Shadows have been pretty much broken since the beginning so maybe they were trying to fix them. I haven't tried the patch to check since I am currently waiting for mods to get further along to play again.

...You people care about 3D support?

Mind is blown.

…You people care about 3D support?

Mind is blown.

um, exactly why wouldn't people who have a 3D screen care for 3D support?

Shitty update. I guess i'll just keep on waiting before i play this.

You guys did back up your files before allowing Steam to do the update, right?
Yup! Still playing on 1.4 here! Played last night just as smug as you please, enjoying every shadow and noting that quite a lot of the grass already has shadows.

Then I discovered my house mod had reset and ate my massive chest full of alchemy ingredients. Divine retribution is teh suck.

You win a cookie! Too bad about the buggy mod...

I probably won't update again unless I want to play a DLC or absolutely fantastic quest mod...

The author of the mod got on the problem fast. I loaded a save from about 15 minutes earlier, went back to the house, and all my stuff had returned!

Back
Top Bottom