Encased - 10 Turns Interview with Encased Developers

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Turn based lovers interviewed the Encased developers.

1st Turn ) Let's start talking about the gameplay. How much freedom will have the player in order to complete the quests? For example, at the very beginning of the game, when you are stuck in the lift, I noticed that you can solve the problem in many ways. There will be the same degree of freedom throughout the entire game?

In our opinion, the player's freedom is the most important aspect of a quality RPG. We strive to provide a real variability, which would be manifested not only in dialogue options but also in multiple ways to complete quests and overall NPC and world interactions. If a player wants to get an item, he can use force or cunning, buy or bargain. We don't want to limit players even in obviously bad actions. For example, you can break a capsule on which you're transported under the Dome. That way you'll kill everyone inside and finish the game in 1 minute.

Each quest in the game can be completed in many ways, which is important for an RPG. It is often very difficult to predict the consequences of such decisions. Most significantly, in Encased, there is no right way to play through the game. Everything depends on the creativity of the player, his perseverance and interests.

[...]

6th Turn) Ok, now let's talk about the combat. Even in this alpha state, I liked very much the combat system, but I would like to know if there is the possibility to see in the future features like "taking cover", "crouching", "attack of opportunity" and overwatch in the game.

The combat system from the early versions of the game was just a sketch of what will be implemented in the final version. Even now, before the release of the second content patch, you can see how the combat system has evolved. There are skills that not only cause damage to the enemy but also can stun, make him run away in fear or confuse so that he will start shooting at his own comrades-in-arms. Misses in combat, can also end badly, for those who stood next to your target, because the bullets now fly not just in the chosen enemy, they have a certain trajectory.

In the future, we will add covers, as well as skills that can traumatize specific limbs, which will diversify the fight even more. There will also be anomalies in the game that affect the battles. They will bring variety to the combat and will seriously challenge player's tactical thinking.
More information.

I love post-apoc settings and this game looks very nice. It's on my radar.

Radar? Only radar? i am dreaming about this game ! ;-)

Sure! Me too, ikbenrichard. I got it on my radar because it's still "flying" (being developed), because when it "lands" (releases) it will land right here on my "airport" (PC) :)

So anybody have an estimated date for the full release yet?

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but I'm using a small phone and to lazy to search.

So anybody have an estimated date for the full release yet?

I'm sure it's posted somewhere but I'm using a small phone and to lazy to search.

@Couchpotato; At first it was to be June '20 but now it's delayed till December '20. So, guessed 9 months to finish and missed badly. I'd really expect it about this time next year just from watching how things are going. They actually only released the first big patch last week.

Post-apoc isn't my favorite and adding other party members makes this something I can wait a couple years to play. I never finish party games but still tend to buy them. Looking forward to this...eventually. :D

It has been murdered by Steam reviewers since the new patch.

Back
Top Bottom