Microsoft buys Zenimax

No idea what this could portend but I still find it hilarious!

200w.webp

...though it could benefit the Maryland studio - it seems to have been given carte blanche in recent years and is complacent beyond all measure. Some oversight could help.

If they can't get Tik-Tok they will have to settle for Bethesda. They sure seems to be focusing on RPG studios, first Inxile and Obsidian and now this.

Holy shit! If that is real, I'm flabbergasted. Makes sense for MS but I have butterflies when I think about what could happen to my favourite franchises. They've been good for Obsidian so far, so I'm hoping for the best.

Hines - But the key point is we’re still Bethesda. We’re still working on the same games we were yesterday, made by the same studios we’ve worked with for years, and those games will be published by us.

Howard - Like our original partnership, this one is about more than one system or one screen. We share a deep belief in the fundamental power of games, in their ability to connect, empower, and bring joy. And a belief we should bring that to everyone – regardless of who you are, where you live, or what you play on. Regardless of the screen size, the controller, or your ability to even use one.

And if you are a PC user and want to get depressed
https://bethesda.net/en/article/4IwKWIj174Cb2QNTTtBAEb/todd-howard-on-joining-xbox

Holy shit! If that is real, I'm flabbergasted. Makes sense for MS but I have butterflies when I think about what could happen to my favourite franchises. They've been good for Obsidian so far, so I'm hoping for the best.

If they treat them like they did Mojang, I’m not worried.

Microsoft is talking about buying more, too.

(If they buy Square/Enix, I may need some sort of medical attention.)

(If they buy CDProjekt, we all will.)

Microsoft is talking about buying more, too.

(If they buy Square/Enix, I may need some sort of medical attention.)

(If they buy CDProjekt, we all will.)
Microsoft needs as many first party games they can get to expand GamePass.

Anyway Square/Enix is in Sony's pocket for now not going to change anytime soon. As for CDProjekt probably wont sell but Microsoft' money could probably persuade them.

Square Enix is definetly off the table. If Microsoft wants something, it'll be just some of their studios like Crystal Dynamics or Eidos, but not the whole company.

If I'm right, CDprojekt does not want a new owner but to become an owner. I'm pretty sure Koch Media or someone already tried something there.

Not sure why the potential next "victim" can't be - Ubisoft.
Already has studios worldwide and needs some shaking at it's top that was full of predators. :)
Yes, Vivendi failed with takeover attempt, but Microsoft is a bigger fish.

Back
Top Bottom