Cyberpunk 2077 - Review @ Worth A Buy

Yeah I hear yeah I just hope this doesn't turn out to be another example of Mass Effect Andromeda. As that vocal legion got EA to cancel all Dlc's and future expansions.

Seriously Cyberpunk 2077 needs those expansions. So much story left unsolved.

Mass Effect Andromeda is exactly what this feels like to me.

I guess I am one of the only people that like this? I'm playing it on the series x and it runs really well...some glitches some really cool missions...

I guess I am one of the only people that like this? I'm playing it on the series x and it runs really well…some glitches some really cool missions…

People looking for things to complain about seem to be the most vocal group online and somehow they get their voice heard. I bet there are millions of people (me included) who like the game. That's not to say that they should have disappointed us again and pushed the release by half a year. It would be one of my favorite games ever had it not been for the glitches. Oh well, the game will be fixed eventually. I hope that CPRD will not sink as Bioware did due to a major release failure.

So much story left unsolved.
Dunno what gets unsolved.
Hopefully in the game, which I didn't complete yet, and not in DLC, we learn what happened to the guy yelling "aliens" on the street near Victor who got abducted after you nailed man in black and stole their chip.
And that politician and his wife that were being brainwashed… Who's behind it?

Dunno what gets unsolved.
Hopefully in the game, which I didn't complete yet, and not in DLC, we learn what happened to the guy yelling "aliens" on the street near Victor who got abducted after you nailed man in black and stole their chip.
There are some areas with no content and quests with no actual endings. Your also wondering what happens to V or Johnny as the endings don't do them justice.

Another expansion like Blood and Wine is most likely on the way in a year or two.
And that politician and his wife that were being brainwashed? Who's behind it?
Well it's a spoiler so here you go.

That politician calls you and tells you his wife is behind it and and is now trying to give him pills. When you think about it's similar to what is happening with V.

You have to take pills to silence one side of the engram chip. Anyway it's a short vid cal in the endings that changed based on your choices in the game.

It's another human conscious AI from black cyberspace/or an Engram again.

Last edited:
Yes I finished the game.:)

Also this a re-post from another thread since we got so many of them.

Just finished my Corpo play-through and I loved it. Around 73.8 hours to finish.

I chose an ending that makes sense given the story and how it's explained. I'd give the game an 8/10 but would have given it a 10 if not for all the bugs, and glitches.

Poor V the cards were stacked against him and he never would have a happy ending even if you took your body back. You are going to die eventually anyway.

Just a matter of how you want to end up with the time left.

So I allowed Johnny to take my body while V was alive in cyberspace with Alt. Now having said that there are three endings and in the other two V lives but dies also.
I'll add that some bugs stopped me from completing a few Gigs and one early main mission. I already wrote about the various graphic glitches I've run across as well.

Last edited:
So have you all finished it already?
It will take me several more days to finish it.
I'm not rushing the main story till I do everything else. Cca80 hours in and it looks as if I did only about half of the possible stuff.
I mean, I've found only Keanu's shoes. Yes, improved them into gold version ofc…
But still have to find the rest of his stuff.
I'll add that some bugs stopped me form completing a few Gigs and one early main mission.
This is odd as it didn't happen to me.
A few oddities did happen but I've solved them with mere reloading a previous save.

There is a bug however that after you succeed the drinking/shooting posters sidequest and get the reward, if you return to the same spot where the quest is then leave it, the quest suddenly fails although it was done&done previously.
So don't return there. :)

The quest bug was with the ripper doc Victor, and two of the gigs wouldn't end just kept getting stuck on combat mode. One could be fixed reloading the other no fix at all.

Oh right, okay, so a few more days of rage and it'll be all over and we can start massively over-hyping ourselves for the next obvious not as good as we expected but good enough to keep me happy for a week game?

Eh? What rage.
Against the machine perhaps?

… mayhaps on reddit, or the Codex? ;)

Lots of rage, if you look in the right places.

There is, and I looked too long at it, like the Sun, and burned my retinas out.

Actually, I'd say the amount of actual rage is small. What there's a lot more of is whatever that emotion is that drives people to set cars on fire when their sports teams loses (or wins). No genuine anger, but sensing an opportunity to pretend to be angry and act like an asshole in a mob where it won't stand out.

And then of course the "I'll get the popcorn" crowd who, appopriately enough considering the tagline of this game, just like to watch the world burn.

I just entered Act 2, but am over 25 hours in-- mostly due to exploring and responding to every assault-in-progress and organized crime alert I come across (I just… can't stop) But I've intentionally tried to slow main story progress, because there are more and more bugs as I go. And to the point where it's really affecting my enjoyment of the game. My intent is to stop here, maybe explore a bit but mostly wait a few months for things to get fixed. For what it's worth, I'm on a pretty decent-spec'd PC, so apparently this is the 'best' the game is, on any level.

I will say that if they fix what's broken and add a bit more side content, plus turn the AI back on (please tell me it will be that simple?) …this could be one of the best games I've played.

I will say that if they fix what's broken and add a bit more side content...

There is a massive amount of side content in this game. Multiple games worth. You said you're just entering Act 2, so you probably don't realize this, but a great deal of the side content appears every time you finish a main mission, and yet more missions spin off from those missions. You also don't see all the gigs right away; as you earn street cred, more and more of them appear. Crimes have story content. There are unmarked quests and points of interest (I just did a quest last night that had no icon indicating it whatsoever... I just overheard a conversation, found that I had a dialogue prompt, and it led me into it).

One thing they do not need to do is add more content. It already has more than virtually any game ever made. Of course, having said that, I'll be all over DLC when they finally get to it (I figure that's going to be awhile, given the launch woes)

… mayhaps on reddit, or the Codex? ;)

Lots of rage, if you look in the right places.

There is, and I looked too long at it, like the Sun, and burned my retinas out.

That is *the* reason I have been only checking this site for a decade now. Most people here are reasonable. Other sites not so. I don't want to, need to nor have to read the bullshit desperate failed boys write from their man-caves.

Ouch. Now that will hit their bottom line. They must have really pissed Sony off with their refund shenanigans. They have pretty spectacularly mishandled this whole thing.

Check the other news too (on the news thread). That piece of news makes it sound one-sided while others have a more both-sided feel to them. I, of course, don't know the truth, but good to get the news from as many angles as possible. I think they did not mishandle the thing. The leadership made a major misjudgment to release the game too early. Everything after that is just a consequence of the bad decision.

Why do people think anyone has to tip toe around sony to not piss them off?

Back
Top Bottom