Vigilantes - Upcoming Changes

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A video has been made available that shows the upcoming changes in the next version of Vigilantes, like these combat changes:

• Less, relatively more powerful enemies in combat. Currently there can be up to 20 characters in combat. The result is long turns, with many enemies getting to act between your characters' turns.
  • Less stat points. The current system of one stat point every level was created with quickly building test characters in mind. With less enemies, the player team must be balanced in relation to the opposing force. The ability to build stat increasing facilities will recoup some of these "lost" stat points.
  • Ally skill points. You will now get some skill points to allocate for your allies, providing better control over their development.
  • Less perk points, but more powerful perks. Underpowered perks is an other issue brought up by testers. We feel less perk points which unlock more powerful perks would be beneficial.

More information.

The good old rule - less is more.

Thanks for posting @Mrythos!

@Joxer - glad you like the ideas for the upcoming changes. We've spent a lot of time thinking about balancing over the last few updates, factoring in tester feedback. It seems to be the best way forward: faster combat resolution, preventing the development of characters which are good at everything, more control over how your allies develop, better perks, better performance.

Looking forward to getting started on these changes as soon as V18 is released. If anyone would like to share an observation or find out more, happy to chat!

Heya, some of us are backers on Kickstarter, I am one. ;)
And so far I like what I hear.
Disabling jack of all trades master of everything is definetly a good decisionwhen it comes to RPG.

Heya, some of us are backers on Kickstarter, I am one. ;)
And so far I like what I hear.
Disabling jack of all trades master of everything is definetly a good decisionwhen it comes to RPG.

The extra time Kickstarter bought us made an phenomenal difference to what we could do with Vigilantes - all the several dozen extra features, like interrogations, combat enhancements, would never have seen the light of day without the support we received. I salute you :)

As a backer I like the changes, I'm a huge fan of keeping it simple. It can still be fun and complex without being unwieldy and overcomplicated.

As a backer I like the changes, I'm a huge fan of keeping it simple. It can still be fun and complex without being unwieldy and overcomplicated.

Glad to hear you like the changes, Carnifex. Cheers for backing - we're going to do our absolute best to make the best game we can.

From Ireland, are we, Timeslip? Give my best to county Roscommon should you be in the neighbourhood =)))

Yeah, I'm from Donegal (north west coast). Roscommon isn't too far away, maybe around 100km. Have inlaws (or maybe outlaws) from there. Have you connections there?

I spent the first years of my life on a farm south of Carrick on Shannon, that property has been in my family for over three hundred years. With some luck, I'll get back there to rejoin my family some day =). Until then, Canada is my home away from home.

Back
Top Bottom