Quantcast
Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth: Launch October 11 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth: Launch October 11

Default Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth: Launch October 11

October 7th, 2017, 19:34
Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth will be available on October 11:

Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth Trailer

loading…

Return to the apocalyptic fantasy world of Grim Dawn in the Ashes of Malmouth expansion, coming October 11th!
The soundtrack is free. Thank you for the info, Farflame!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

October 7th, 2017, 19:34
I'm anxiously waiting, so much content, finally something that i can call an expansion and not a dlc.

They Live

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 7th, 2017, 20:52
I like Grim Dawn but generally speaking this trend of doing graphic novel-style intros is cheap and lame. Real cinematics which were replaced with these low-cost variants are still so much better. Reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukb5d7Q21J4.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

October 7th, 2017, 21:14
Cinematics are great if the studio can afford to make them as well as high quality gameplay. If it needs to choose between spending resources on gameplay or cinematics, as is the case with Crate and other similar smaller developers, I believe the majority of their fan base would want those resources used on the core gameplay. Graphic-novel style cutscenes work just fine for these games!

rossrjensen

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 7th, 2017, 21:23
I played the main game and it was ok, but I feel no overwhelming urge to ever go back to it. Or try out new content that is in it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

October 7th, 2017, 22:05
Grim Dawn is my favorite modern Action RPG, easily surpassing Diablo 3 or Path of Exile (the latter, extremely weak in my opinion). As such, I'm overjoyed and extremely hyped for what's turning up to be an excellent, content filled expansion pack. October the 11st cannot come soon enough!

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

October 8th, 2017, 03:14
Backed this game on KS "1975" days ago w/ 1st expansion free…bout dern time!

Khalus

Whatever…

+1:

October 8th, 2017, 10:46
i spent 1900 hrs in vanilla, just saying…

edit: there is a mortar trap set in expansion.
Last edited by They Live; October 8th, 2017 at 11:02.

They Live

Watchdog

October 8th, 2017, 12:22
I put a few hundred hours into Grim Dawn over the years but after recent improvements for Path of Exile I see no reason to go back to an inferior aRPG. Only reason would be not having a stable internet connection.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 8th, 2017, 16:41
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
I put a few hundred hours into Grim Dawn over the years but after recent improvements for Path of Exile I see no reason to go back to an inferior aRPG. Only reason would be not having a stable internet connection.
in that sentence i see at least 2 errors.

1 "inferior arpg"
2 Always online being better than single player oriented.

They Live

Watchdog

October 8th, 2017, 17:50
To each their own. Personally I found Grim Dawn hellaciously boring. Just like its predecessor, Titan Quest.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

October 8th, 2017, 18:38
I like it because it's SP-friendly and doesn't require an internet connection. Rolled an Occultist and Demolitionist, other classes were kind of boring though.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 8th, 2017, 18:38
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
in that sentence i see at least 2 errors.

1 "inferior arpg"
2 Always online being better than single player oriented.
1. This is a matter of personal taste.
2. PoE is also more or less single player oriented. Trading will get you some items easier and faster but anything can be acquired with enough playtime and grinding (just like in GD).

For clearing content, there is 0 content in the game that requires a party, and some of it is even much harder if you do go in with a party.

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 8th, 2017, 18:46
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
1. This is a matter of personal taste.
2. PoE is also more or less single player oriented. Trading will get you some items easier and faster but anything can be acquired with enough playtime and grinding (just like in GD).

For clearing content, there is 0 content in the game that requires a party, and some of it is even much harder if you do go in with a party.
nah POE is made from scratch for dedicated servers, while gd is single player oriented : it is moddable and community added classes, skills etc…

POE is not and will never be moddable . I played it and liked it for a while, what made me run away is : 1 those guys working @ balance team , being the game f2p it has the curse of this model so every single season there is an absurderly op build to attract ppl. 2 Overemphasis on trade at the point you have to use 3rd party programs to trade the almighty currency.

Big part is personal taste and i won't argue with that but POE is not single player oriented at all.

They Live

Watchdog

October 8th, 2017, 21:32
Has crate indicated what happens after this expansion ? More work on grim dawn or a new project ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

October 9th, 2017, 00:55
Have they fixed multiplayer yet? This game is unplayable for me otherwise.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 9th, 2017, 01:41
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Have they fixed multiplayer yet? This game is unplayable for me otherwise.
Is it broken for everyone? Last time a friend and I tried (on a LAN) we couldn't get it to work, but we never investigated if it was a wide-spread problem.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

October 9th, 2017, 01:50
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
Is it broken for everyone? Last time a friend and I tried (on a LAN) we couldn't get it to work, but we never investigated if it was a wide-spread problem.
Its finnicky and broken, even if you do get it to work it crashes after a while. You had problems getting one other person to play, I was trying to play with 3 others. It's a shame too, it is a good game.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

October 9th, 2017, 09:08
Originally Posted by you View Post
Has crate indicated what happens after this expansion ? More work on grim dawn or a new project ?
A new project is already in developement but is not a arpg from the few info i got on the forum it's more like a town building game.

For GD i guess it depends on how well this xpac will sell, assuming that will be a hit there could be 2 options : 1 another xpac on the same engine 2 gd2 with new engine

Personally i would love at least another xpac after this one, the game is already huge but i want to see a gargantuan monument to argpg/hack&slash or whatever you fancy naming it.

They Live

Watchdog

October 10th, 2017, 00:27
I like Grim Dawn but I've only ever played it as a single-player ARPG ala Diablo. I'm looking forward to the expansion!

ElderGnome

Gnome of the World

Location: High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern US…
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth: Launch October 11